Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Journey: Week 35

November 27
How Far Along: 35 weeks.

Size of Baby: 
Our little bug-a-boo is on average over 18 inches long and tips the scale at 5 and 1/4 pounds. Or for comparisons sake…the size of a honeydew melon.


Picture of Baby:

body and face...

35 weeks: Because it's so snug in my womb, Bug isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he/she kicks should remain about the same. His/her kidneys are fully developed now, and his/her liver can process some waste products. Most of his/her basic physical development is now complete--he/she will spend the next few weeks putting on weight. (Information taken from babycenter.com)

Weight Gain: Ugh up another 4 POUNDS...blaming it on Thanksgiving :) So my total is half a pound short of 40. And looking back at my weight-gain chart...I gained 10lbs in 4 weeks which means I could easily gain another 10lbs before Buggy arrives...which means my total could tip the scale at 50 pounds...WHOA. (No exclamation here). But Buggy is worth every pound!!! 


Belly: 3 pictures this week...
Thanksgiving Day (34 weeks and 4 days)
(Looking so tired...)
belly shot!!!

Stretch Marks: Nope.


Sleep: Ugh.


Best Moment of the Week: Seeing our sweet bundle of LOVE again!!!


Movement: On Thursday I started feeling that shift of (less) movement again...in other words Buggy's movement is not as strong. Makes sense since Buggy was already a whopping 6lbs (at 34 weeks)...not much room to maneuver in mommy's belly!!! So needless to say I am ready for my non-stress test again tomorrow...just to be reassured that everything is still looking good.


Symptoms: Took the wedding ring off this week. At my appointment on Tuesday I told Mary (my nurse) that my fingers were definitely starting to swell and she me that she ended up having to cut her wedding ring off because she didn't take it off soon enough. So needless to say when I got home Brian told me to take the ring off...he doesn't want to replace the band :)


And I am starting to feel like a beached whale. I tried on 3 different outfits today and they all made me look big. Brian told me that everyone likes Shamu though...isn't he sweet. On a side note...he DID get yelled at!


Food Cravings: All food is GOOD!!! Hence the weight gain... 


Gender: I am so excited for my our SURPRISE!!! My brother and his wife found out this week that they are having a little BOY!!! So this really makes me wonder what Buggy is. Plus one of my good friends just had her second little boy this week. So this means that all my closest girlfriends only have boys...(two friends each have 2 little boys and two other friends each have one little boy). Three-fourths of the blogs I follow are having boys and the last 3 babies at church were boys and two of the next four are also little boys. Will we follow the BOY trend or switch it up GIRL style?!?!


What I Miss: Sleep...the bags under my eyes are not too appealing :)


What I'm Looking Forward to: My last shower (given by my superb coworkers) this coming Wednesday!!!


Milestones: Only 2 more weeks until Buggy is considered FULL-TERM!!! Can't wait to hit that milestone!!!


Emotions: Holding my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment