Monday, November 7, 2011

Non-Stress Test #2

Today I went in for my first scheduled non-stress test. This time around instead of sitting on an examining table...I got to sit in a nice comfy recliner while listening to Bug's heart just a-beating away!!! Bug's heart rate jumped anywhere from 130's-170's but was more often than not in the high 140's to low 150's. And according to my doctor the test looked great. AND my blood pressure was a mere 120/82...and that was on the first attempt. Ohhhhh that blood pressure made me so happy!!! Praying that my blood pressure meds continue to work their magic. Next non-stress test is this coming Thursday.

The "neat" thing about today's appointment was that as I walked into the "non-stress test room" I immediately recognized the other pregnant lady sitting in the only other chair in the room. This mama-to-be lost her son (he was born sleeping at 38 or 39 weeks) a few months before we lost the girls. (She use to go to my parent's church and her in-laws still do). Anyways a few weeks back I ran into her when my parent's church threw a fall festival event at the church and we chatted a little bit about our pregnancies and how uneasy we both felt. At that time she knew she was going to be doing twice a week non-stress tests but at that time I obviously did not. But now we're both on a Monday/Thursday schedule so here's to hoping I get to chat with her at a few more of our scheduled tests. As she was leaving she said that it was nice to know she's not alone...and you know what...I couldn't agree with her more.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for a good test! And while it does suck that you both had to be on the journey, it's so nice to have a friendly face along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still following you Lindsey and can't wait to see you holding your precious babe! According to the ticker here on your blog-- about 54 days!-- you can do it! What a blessing it has been to watch you belly grow, you faith grow, your hope grow. God is always Good !!

    ReplyDelete