Friday, November 18, 2011

Prematurity Awareness Day (a day late)

Yesterday was the World's first Prematurity Awareness Day. It was a day set aside to honor the millions of babies worldwide who died this year because they were born too soon, and the 12 million more who struggle to stay survive. (Premature birth is a serious problem that affects 1 in 8 babies in the United States alone). And last night the Empire State Building even glowed purple and white in honor of both the March of Dimes and World Prematurity Day...how cool is that!!!

March of Dimes is a cause I feel very strongly about (and obviously I have no need to explain why). So the other day when my hubby emailed me a link that read March Of Dimes To Receive Custom Chopper Motorcycle...I got a little excited. Not sure if any of you watch the show American Chopper but it is one of my hubby's faves to watch. (And I actually find it quite entertaining too). A local West Michigan business (Lamar construction) commissioned Paul Jr. to build a custom themed bike for March of Dimes. And part of the show will even be shot here in GR...(so cool!!!)...with the segment airing next spring. But the best part is that all the proceeds (there is going to be a online raffle) will be going to March of Dimes.

Happy Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment