Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Survey

Christmas Survey 
Compliments of Angie at Random Thoughts from Angie!!!

Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate FOR SURE!!! And made with LOTS of marshmallows or LOTS of whipped cream!!!

Colored lights on tree/house or white? I do think that colored can look very pretty but we always do white on both the tree and our house.


Do you hang mistletoe? Nope and I've never been kissed under one either...


When do you put your decorations up? The day (or weekend) after Thanksgiving.

What is your favorite holiday dish? Mmmmm too many good ones to pick from but I LOVE all the yummy Christmasy sweets (Christmas Cookies (my mom's recipe) and Peanut Butter Balls definitely make the top of the list)) and I really love my mom's homemade apple pie.

Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I always loved being with family (playing with my cousins to be specific) and eating lots of yummy food on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. But the one Christmas that I (nor my siblings) will ever forget would be the Christmas when we all got jeans and the rest of our cousins got toys...the Vugteveen kiddos were disappointed to say the least. We can laugh about it now but my mom said the reason for the jeans was that they (my parents) didn't have a lot of money that year so necessities were more important than toys. 

When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't think I ever really believed in Santa...must be why my siblings and I left cookies out for our dad!!!

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? When I was really little yes because we celebrated Christmas with my mom's side on Christmas Eve. When I was in my "middle" years yes because we celebrated Christmas with my immediate family on Christmas Eve. And now it just depends. Since I work Christmas Eve every 3 years (and one of my sis-in-laws works retail) and with a big immediate family we try to celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve with my immediate family but for the last few years we've had to move the celebration to a different day so the answer would be no for my "later" years.

How do you decorate your Christmas tree? First of all we do artificial (boring...maybe but WAY easier). (And lucky for us its a pre-lit artificial tree). I first place my funky red glitter pieces into the tree...see the zoomed in picture below...

and then I add the ornaments one by one. 

Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love it for oh about 2-3 months (beginning in mid-December) and then I am so over it. And I definitely LOVE a snowy white Christmas!!! 

Do you remember your favorite gift? The year I got jeans for Christmas ;) No but seriously I don't really remember a favorite gift.

What is your favorite holiday dessert? Apple Pie (homemade).

What is your favorite holiday tradition? When I was little I would say my favorite tradition was opening stockings Christmas morning with my siblings but thats been done and over with for a few years now. To be honest I don't currently have a fave tradition...hopefully we'll make some new traditions (starting next year) with Buggy!!!


Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yum!!! I like fruity flavored ones the best.

Favorite Christmas movie? Hmmm...I would have to say National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.


What is your favorite Christmas song? I don't have a favorite. But I absolutely LOVE Christmas music!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment