Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Journey: Week 36

December 4
How Far Along: 36 weeks.

Size of Baby: 
Our little bug-a-boo is still packing on the pounds--at the rate of about an ounce a day. Bug now weighs almost 6 pounds (haha...Bug weighed 6lbs TWO weeks ago!!!) and is more than 18.5 inches long. Or for comparisons sake…the size of a 
crenshaw melon.


A crenshaw melon!


36 weeks: My baby is shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his/her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his/her skin during his/her nine-month amniotic bath. My baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, which will form the contents of his/her first bowel movement. At the end of this week, my baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term). More than likely Bug is in a head-down position. But if he/she isn't, my doctor may suggest scheduling an “external cephalic version,” which is a fancy way of saying he will try to coax Buggy into a head-down position by manipulating him/her from the outside of my belly. (Information taken from babycenter.com)

Maternity Clothes: Mostly YES but I can still get away with a few non-maternity items.


Weight Gain: I am thankful that I didn't gain anything this week. After my 4lb weight gain from last week I was scared to step on the scale this morning. But my mom told me last week that towards the end of each of her (4) pregnancies that her weight gain was minimal. So my total weight gain still stands at 39.5lb. Holding strong...maybe I won't break the big 5-0!!!


Belly:


Stretch Marks: None thus far...fingers crossed it stays this way!


Sleep: I woke up last night about every 1.5 hours to pee (that would be a total of 5 bathroom trips in a nine hour period)...and dreamed all sorts of craziness in between. Lets just say I woke up tired...


Best Moment of the Week: Excellent doctor appointments!!!


Movement: Depends on Bug's mood but he/she is moving enough for me to feel peace.


Symptoms: Starting to feel a little crampy, oh so very TIRED, and had a few round ligament pains yesterday.


Food Cravings: Scotch-er-roos and grapefruit.


Gender: Mmmmm not much longer until we know!!!


What I'm Looking Forward to: Holding my sweet Buggy!!!!!!!!!


Milestones: I am "officially" 9 months pregnant today!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yah for being 9 months pregnant! Can't wait to hear the news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your posts and seeing how close you are to meeting your sweet baby! Prayers for a safe delivery and a healthy baby!!

    ReplyDelete