Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Journey: Week 37 (aka: FULL-TERM BABY)!!!

December 11
How Far Along: 37 weeks.

Size of Baby: 
Our little bug-a-boo on average now weighs almost 6 and 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches long. Or for comparisons sake…like a stalk of Swiss chard. ***Pretty sure Bug is at least 7 and 1/2 pounds by now since he/she was an even 6lbs 3 weeks ago.***



A stalk of Swiss Chard!


37 weeks: My baby is now considered "full term," even though my due date is three weeks away. If I would go into labor now, Bug’s lungs would likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if I were planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, my doctor would schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there was a medical reason to intervene earlier). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But I won’t be surprised if my baby's hair isn't the same color as mine. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-a-likes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz. However, since Brian is dark haired and I am blond we would only be shocked if we had a redhead!!! (Information taken from babycenter.com)


Maternity Clothes: Yes.


Weight Gain: Well we passed the big 4-0 since I gained 3.5lbs this week. Must be all the chocolate I ate or maybe the scale was off last week. Either way I have gained a total of 43lbs thus far.


Belly:

Can you see the unevenness of my belly...Bug LOVES my right side!!!

Stretch Marks: Fingers crossed...none yet but I've still got 2-3 weeks to go.


Sleep: Oh its horrible. I totally know what people mean when they say they are just ready for baby to come in their last month of pregnancy. I typically wake up every 1.5-2.5 hours to pee and rotate. If I lay on one side too long I get really achy and super uncomfortable. I feel tired and I also think I "look" tired too.

Movement: Buggy doesn't like to move during our non-stress tests but otherwise he/she has been a very good mover this week. No days of panic (this week) for this mama!!!


Symptoms: Tired, achy, sore, and a little crampy. My mom also thinks that I have dropped some...which may very well be true since Buggy's heart beat was heard lower in my belly than the previous week.


Food Cravings: Sweets.


Gender: Can't wait for my Christmas surprise!!!


What I Miss: There may be a few things that I miss but Buggy is more than worth missing anything. 


What I'm Looking Forward to: Holding (and meeting) my sweet bundle of LOVE!!!


Milestones: Bug is officially full-term this week...ahhhhhh!!!


Emotions: Bug will be here in less than 3 weeks. I am over the moon READY and EXCITED!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for buggy! You look great! Oh and I've gained 43 pounds too and am only 27 weeks....starting to get pretty uncomfortable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! You will be holding buggy before you know it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!!! Full term!!! So excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete