Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Journey: Week 38

December 18
How Far Along: 38 weeks.

Size of Baby: 
Our little bug-a-boo on average now weighs about 6.8 pounds and measures over 19.5 inches long. Or for comparisons sake…like a leek.



A leek!

38 weeks: My baby has a firm grasp, which I’ll soon be able to test when I hold his/her hand for the first time! Bug’s organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. If I’m wondering what color my baby's eyes will be...I may not be able to tell right away. If he/she is born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If he/she is born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time he/she is 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after he/she is born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Information taken from babycenter.com)


Maternity Clothes: For the most part.


Weight Gain: Up another 3lbs...putting the total at 46lbs.


Belly:

Me (38wks) and my sis-in-law Jana (23wks)

Stretch Marks: Maybe a few around my belly button...but not really sure.


Sleep: Up basically every hour to pee = one tired mama. And rolling over is not an easy thing to do these days.


Best Moment of the Week: Passing no-stress tests and feeling Buggy move.


Movement: Sometimes more than other times...but I just keep reminding myself that there isn't much room for Buggy to move anymore.


Symptoms: Fingers are swollen. Face is swollen. And (in my opinion) my toes look like sausages. And I've noticed (starting this week) that a few of my shoes are quite very uncomfortable...good thing I have less than 2 weeks to go. Heartburn has gotten a touch worse this week and I have had quite a few Braxton Hicks this week too.


Food Cravings: Sweets, cereal, grapefruit and orange juice.


What I Miss: Normal looking toes ;)


What I'm Looking Forward to: Holding my BABY!!!


Milestones: I worked my last shift this past Thursday!!! So I have from now until baby is born PLUS 12 more weeks OFF!!!


Emotions: SO SO SO READY FOR MY BUGGY TO BE BORN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment