Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Journey: Week 39

MERRCHRISTMAS!!!
December 25
How Far Along: 39 weeks.

Size of Baby: 
Our little bug-a-boo on average now weighs a bit over 7 pounds (pry more like over 8lbs) and measures over 20 inches long. Or for comparisons sake…the size of a mini watermelon (yikes)!!!


39 weeks: My baby is waiting to greet the world! Meanwhile, he/she continues to build a layer of fat to help control his/her body temperature after birth. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his/her skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath. (Information taken from babycenter.com)


Maternity Clothes: Yep.


Weight Gain: Ughh all the yummy Christmasy food did me in. I'm up another 4lbs which puts me at a 50lb weight gain...yikes!


Belly:

Stretch Marks: One tiny one right above my belly button...its a LOVE mark!!!


Sleep: For the past few nights I have woken up anywhere between 4:30 and 6am unable to fall back to sleep. After laying there (praying that I will fall back to sleep) for maybe 45 minutes or so I finally just get up, eat some cereal, and lay on the couch where I miraculously fall back to sleep within minutes. Must be the change in position is all I need. My best sleep is when I first fall asleep...I can typically get a good 2-3 hour stretch but the rest of the night I manage maybe 1-2 hours at a time. 

Movement: Buggy has been very cooperative as of lately...praying it stays this way until he/she makes his/her debut!!! Buggy LOVES to jam his/her buttocks into my right ribs...its oh so comfortable for this mama :)


Symptoms: Frequent Braxton Hicks but otherwise no real contractions. Crampy here and there.


Food Cravings: Orange juice, grapefruit, Honey Nut Cheerios, and of course SWEETS!!!


Gender: We're gonna find out THIS WEEK!!!


What I Miss: When it comes right down to it...absolutely nothing. Carrying this sweet miraculous little life has been worth every ache and pain and sleepless night.


What I'm Looking Forward to: Holding Buggy THIS WEEK and founding out if my Rainbow babe is a BOY or a GIRL!!! Either way I am going to love him/her to pieces!!!


Milestones: I made it through a pregnancy with a full grown babe on board...who is just waiting to meet the world.


Emotions: Excited beyond words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments: