Sunday, December 11, 2011

My First Blog Award!!!

I would like to give a big thanks to Baby Hopes at Chasing Our Stork: From ART to Adoption for my first ever blog award!!! She is an amazing woman and oh so very soon she will be an amazing momma too (to 3 beautiful children...2 through adoption and 1 is currently cooking in the oven). Her story is an amazing testimony that miracles DO happen!!!




So the way this award works is that those awarded tell 7 things about themselves that others may not know. Then pass the award on to 15 other bloggers that you want yourself and others to know more about! 

Seven things you may not know about ME:


1. For some odd reason I do NOT like butterfly's. I really have NO idea why because they are harmless but it is what it is.


2. Brian and I met because he was (is) one of my brothers close friends. For over 11 years I thought of him as a brother (because he was always at my house growing up). For the 3 years prior to us dating my sister tried to hook us up but because of the 8 year age gap it took some time for the spark to be lit but once it was...there was no putting it out!!! We were engaged after only 3.5 months of dating!!!


3. Exactly 4 years before we started dating Brian and I made a little deal...we were at my parent's cabin in the UP (the same place where 4 years later we fell in love). He had been drinking a wee bit but told 20 year old me that if in 10 years neither of us were married that we should marry each other. Thankfully it didn't take 10 years for us to make good on our little deal.


4. When I was just two years old my big sissy (by 20 months) saved my life. I was face down in the lake behind our house. When my sister saw me she ran up the deck to tell our mom that I was" downding." Thankfully it was April and the water was cold...pry the reason I survived.


5. I tore both my ACL's playing soccer. I tore my first ACL my Senior year of high school and to make matters worse it was the very first game of the season. As you can all imagine I thought my life was over because soccer was so important to me. (Little did I know what was all to come...). And then a mere 2 years later I tore the other ACL when on a mission trip in Jamaica. In retrospect I should have stayed on the side lines cheering with the rest of the girls.Oh well...lesson learned. 


6. I have webbed toes on both my feet. And it looked like Ella was well on her way to webbed toes too.


7. I was a daddy's girl growing up. And just the other day my mom told me that my dad misses me. He told her that he "feels" like he doesn't get to see me much since I got married. Love him!!! And on a side note if we have a boy he will be named after my dad (and Brian and his dad too...they all have the same middle name). My mom didn't like the name (not that I really do either) so neither of my brothers are named after him nor are either of my nephews...so baby boy Helmholdt would be the first!


And now the 15 ladies I would like to nominate for the "Tell Me About Yourself Award...Your Blog is GREAT" are...(I wish I could nominate more than 15 blogs but rules are rules...just know that I think every blog that I follow is GREAT)!!!


1. Krista at J and K Plus Two
2. Heather at A Little Hope in My Pocket
3. Jacquelyn at The Howard Bunch
4. Bethany at Marked by Love
5. Chelle at Mini-Van Mega-Fun
6. Kami at Heaven Sent (Private)
7. Angie at Random Thoughts from Angie
8. E at Dreaming of babies
9. Bobbi at The Johnson's Journey
10. Jamie at MiniMe Mom
11. Lindsey at Worth the Wait
12. Erin at Jesus, Me and Infertility (Private)
13. Kristin at The Sterks
14. Jen at Our Micro-Preemie Twins
15. Lindsi at The Hancocks


All 15 of these ladies are an inspiration to me because each and every single one of them has gone through or is going through infertility and/or loss...two struggles very close to my heart.

1 comment:

  1. way to get your first blog award! You've written your journey so beautifully, what a testimony for Baby H. to read someday.
    and thanks for the shout out :)
    I'm watching and waiting and praying for you!
    Can't wait to see that baby in your arms! :) Don't forget to blog about it, LOL!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete