Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Journey: Week 40 (Post Baby)

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!
Funny how much life can and does change in a year. Last year I posted this. All I can say is 2010 was the hardest year of my life and (at the beginning of 2011) I was certain that 2011 was going to be the best year of my life. And although it did end with me being a mother...2011 was definitely another difficult year. I will try my best to do an update of the highs and lows of 2011 within the next few days but most of my spare time is spent loving on Mason these days. But one thing I do know is that 2012 is going to be the best year of my life!!!

January 1, 2012 (MASON'S DUE DATE)
How Far Along: 5 days POST baby!!!

Size of Baby: At his last weight check (which was this past Friday) Mason was 8lbs 11oz. (We left the hospital at 8lbs 11oz).

Picture of Baby:



Maternity Clothes: Yes and No.

Weight Loss: Down at least 20lbs (as of Friday morning...haven't weighed myself since).

Belly:
December 25, 2011
January 1, 2012


Stretch Marks: One super tiny one right above my belly button. I do believe that when my belly button shrinks back to normal size that it will be hidden though...and if it isn't this mama does NOT care! 

Sleep: AMAZING!!! So far the lil guy has been such a good sleeper. I currently HAVE to wake him every 3 hours to eat. I'm sure this will change but for now I'm taking it. He did have one episode last night where he did NOT want to sleep though. I fed him at 11:30pm and had him in his bassinet by 12:30am. At 1:30am he started fussing (mind you he was just laying in his bassinet for an hour awake not fussing). So I held him for a half hour before deciding to feed him a touch early. After he was changed, fed, burped, and changed (again)...he was sleeping by 2:30am...AND so was his momma!!!


Best Moment of the Week: Mason's birth. Definitely the most amazing day of my life. When they pulled him out and placed him on me all I could do was cry. Talk about instant LOVE!!!


Movement: He loves his hands...(and boy oh boy does he ever love to have them right next to his face).


Food Cravings: Nothing in particular. But I am trying to drink lots of H2O.


Gender: A beautiful baby BOY...Mason Dale Helmholdt!!!


What I Miss (about being pregnant): Nothing. I love holding my healthy baby boy in my arms. I love not worrying about movement. I love being less anxious!!!


What I'm Looking Forward to: Anything and everything to do with my little boy. This is going to be the best year OF MY LIFE!!!

Emotions: When I first saw his sweet face I was overcome with emotion. And so thankful that he was healthy and that he had arrived safely. Over the last few days I keep having to remind myself that he's really here...that I AM an Earthly Mommy and boy oh boy do I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations again. He is absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mason is just gorgeous! Congratulations again. Sounds like you are enjoying every minute. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your sweet boy! I can't believe we both became moms a day apart from each other, especially after a similar start to the year. Happy New Year and enjoy that sweet babe!

    ReplyDelete