Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Two Weeks

Stats: Mason had his 2 week check today and I am happy to say that my "little" guy has already cruised passed his birth weight and now weighs a whopping 9lbs 9oz and is 21.5 inches long!!! (This puts Mason in the 75% for weight and 85% for height).

Sizes: For the first week and a half Mason wore newborn diapers but after a few too many poops up the back I made the switch to size 1. Mason is wearing newborn or 0-3 month clothing.

Food: Mason is only breastfed. And he obviously enjoys eating!!!


Routine: We don't have much of a routine yet but I've been told (by my pediatrician) that thats okay. However, I am going to try my very best to get in a pattern of giving him his last feed of the night around 10pm and to then put him in his rocker and me in my bed.  I've noticed that it doesn't matter what time I put him to bed...whether it be 10pm or 12am that he wakes up to eat again around 3am...and then again around 5:30 or 6 am. So why not give me the longest stretch of sleep possible. And then during the day we pretty much stick to every 3 hour feeds. Mason is a one-sided eater but will eat for a good 20-30 minutes per each feed. All I need to remember is what side he last ate on (which isn't too hard).

I have been blessed with a very mild child. Mason (currently) does NOT have a fussy time. He actually hardly ever cries (except during bath time then he has a lot to say). He LOVES LOVES LOVES to sleep. (He always falls asleep in his car seat). He slept through our whole church service on Sunday and an hour and a half wait at a funeral visitation (on Sunday as well). I had 2 doctor appointments today (one for me and one for Mason) and I also ran a few errands and he pretty much slept through it all. (He did wake up when the Pediatrician was assessing him but once he was placed back in my arms he instantly fell asleep again).


Developmental Milestones: Lots of gassy smiles :o)


Loves: Mason loves to sleep. He loves to eat. He loves his hands. He loves his paci. And of course he loves his mommy's voice. Brian told me the other day to stop talking because Mason started rooting as soon as he heard my voice (and he had just eaten). He just stares at me whenever I talk to him.

Mason made his first trip to the mall yesterday...(he slept the whole time)...but pretty sure he's gonna love the mall just like his mama!

While we were at the mall my mom and I both checked our blood pressures. My mom's was excellent and mine wasn't too shabby...117/83. 

The main reason I wanted to check my blood pressure (yesterday) was because today I had my 2 weeks since delivery blood pressure check with Dr. J. Needless to say...it was less than stellar (130/92) so I'm to continue taking my blood pressure meds until my next appointment. My next appointment is the regular 6 week check-up on February 9...praying at that point I can throw my meds out the window.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful boy, Beautiful Mamma! Congratulations once again! Thanks for blogging and letting us share in your joy!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. time to update the sidebar with a pic of mason too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pic of you two. :) Makes my heart incredibly happy. Praying that the bp stabilizes and meds are no longer needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been following your blog for a while (i cant even remember how i found your blog :) but I wanted to say congrats! So happy that mason is here and healthy and doing well!

    ReplyDelete