Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Year in Review (2011)

As I posted here earlier today...2011 was not quite the year I imagined it to be (back on January 1, 2011). And even though (like I already mentioned) I became a mom...the year itself was filled with stress and anxiety. I will however, be forever thankful that it ended on such a high note. We truly serve an amazing God who most definitely carried us through the ups and downs of these past few months. And even though I was a stressed out/anxious/nervous Nelly for the past 9 (plus) months...it all led me (us) to Mason and so the last 9 (plus) months were most def worth all the worry. All I can say is we serve an awesome God!!! And on the first day of this new year....I am surely praising Him for my (2 days late) Christmas 2011 miracle...Mason Dale!

Wishing each and everyone of you all the best in 2012!!! Oh and aren't you proud of me...I said within a few days and here is my year in review already :o)...


January.....Rang in the New Year by announcing that we were expecting again....only to find out that we miscarried a few weeks later (on January 14).

February.....Found out that baby #3 would have been a BOY. We named him Luke!!!

March.....Took a much needed trip to Arizona.

April.....Implanted with MASON!!! And we got our BFP on April 22, 2011 (which happened to be Good Friday).

May.....Started finishing our basement (and yes we're still in the process)!!!


June.....Celebrated Alayna and Ella's 1st Birthday(s).

And my niece Brinley Mae was born on June 25!!!

July...My birthday and a trip to Wisconsin.

August.....Made it to 20 weeks with an excellent ultrasound showing a healthy baby...and of course passed the 22 week mark too...PTL!!!

September.....Annual trip to my parent's cabin in the UP with my whole family.

October....My first shower for Buggy Mason.

November.....Brian's birthday and more showers for Mason.

December.....Mason Dale Helmholdt was born 12/27/11...best day of MY life!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a year for you. So thankful it ended with a beautiful, HEALTHY baby boy!!!

    ReplyDelete