Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy LOVE Day

Even though Mason and I didn't do anything much today he still wore his special Valentine's Day shirt all day long!!! Why...because it was from his friend Will who sent it all the way from Colorado...
My little "HEART BREAKER"
"Please ladies...don't touch the paci!" 
"Better use all 5 fingers since both my eyes are closed."

Brian and I don't normally do much for Valentine's Day besides getting each other cards. The first year we were married we were on a plane most of the day, the second year I had just been implanted, and last year I worked (which means I didn't get home until 8pm). So this year we decided to do dinner (with Mason in tow). But since neither of us like to wait long to eat...we decided to go out last night instead. We went to Outback Steakhouse (giftcard in hand!!!) and got the Valentines Special...an appetizer, two 8oz sizzlers that came with a side and a side salad, and cheesecake for dessert. It was delicious!!!

We always say NO gifts and normally we stick to the plan but last Friday when I was at the mall I saw a Michigan beer mug that I just had to get the hubby. (He wants to decorate the downstairs bar area with some Michigan stuff). So when the hubby got home and saw the present he shook his head at me and said he was not opening the present. I then reminded him that we said NO gifts at Christmas but that he still got me something. His response was...Valentine's Day is different. I told him that his gift was an impulse buy from just last week and that made him a bit happier. Happy to say that he loved it!!!

After dinner tonight Mason and I went over to my parent's house to see some of his big cousins. Grandma (and Papa) had the 5 oldest grandchildren over for a little V-Day party. Mason had a great time but his favorite part of the night was giving his cousins their Valentines Day card and nerd sticks.

The big girls sporting their new tanks...plus Coley boy
Cole, Cambrey, Easton, Addi, and Kylynn
Addi, Mason, and Papa
Thanks Papa and Gma...I LOVE my new shirt and book!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment