Monday, February 13, 2012

Mason Dale - A Child of God

Yesterday was a very special day. Special because our little miracle was baptized!!! And what made it even more special was that he was baptized from the same old styrofoam cup (and by the same Pastor) as his big sissy's. Oh and the fact that we were surrounded by our amazing family and a few close friends added to the special-ness of it all!!!

But let me stop here a minute and blog about something a "little" off subject. On Saturday morning I woke up and the first thing I said to Brian was..."do you remember what happened exactly two years ago from today?" Of course Brian had no idea so I proceeded to tell him that exactly two years ago Mason was first created. (February 11, 2010 was the day of our retrieval)!!! Brian's response...you and your dates!

Then on Saturday night as I was drifting off to sleep I was thinking about not only what an amazing gift my little boy is but also how different it is being an Earthly parent (compared to being an Angel parent). Both are hard but in completely different ways. One of the biggest differences with being an Earthly parent is the worry that comes with it. You pray your child doesn't get a deadly disease. You pray your child doesn't get seriously hurt in a motor vehicle accident. But more than anything else you pray that your child grows to love the Lord with all his (or her) heart. 

My happy boy before heading to church.

And on a side note this is the same outfit that Brian wore at his baptism...besides the booties (I bought them)...and the blanket (that was made just for Mason)!!!

Mason Dale, I baptize you in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit...

After church we headed back to our house for some lunch (and cake) with our family and a few friends. As you can see by quite a few of the following pictures...Mason LOVES his paci :o)
Once again...4 generations. My grandpa Scholma, my mom, me, and Mason.

Papa and Gma Vugteveen with all the grandchildren...Kylynn with Mason, Cambrey, Addi, Brinley, Cole, and Easton.

Gpa and Gma H. (Hence what Mason looks like 
without his paci).

What a beautiful Child of God!!!

And for your giggling pleasure...
As you can tell from the above pictures...the cap did NOT make the final cut :o) Although I would love to sneak a peak at a picture of Brian in it!!!

3 comments:

  1. Addi tonight on the phone reminded me that Aunt Linny had a baby, that it was a boy, they named him Mason, and they poured water on his head :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post. I am in absolute awe of God's wonders... how special to know the exact day your son was created!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on Mason's baptism! Unbeknownst to us, our pastor actually asked the hospital if he could keep the little carafe and bowl he used to baptize Isaac and then told him he'd buy them new ones. At Isaac's memorial service he gave them to us. I can't wait to use them some day for Isaac's little brother or sister. I think it's so cool you thought to save the cup.

    ReplyDelete