Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Three Months

Happy 3 Months Sweet Boy!!!
Stats: Mason weighed 13lbs 12oz at the doctor last week (Monday) but with the way his appetite has been the last few days...I'm guessing (by today) he's definitely 14 pounds plus.
Sizes: As of this past Friday I officially put all of his 3 month clothing away. = ( He is now in 3-6 month or 6 month clothing. Some of it's a bit big but I would rather it be too big on him than too small. And he is wearing size 1-2 Pampers. (Brian ordered some size 1 Pampers (off Amazon) and after a few days of using them I noticed that they had sent us size 1-2's instead...whoops but oh well).
Food: Currently Mason breastfeeds about every 2.5-3 hours during the day and at night he gets a 5oz bottle. He was getting a 4.5oz bottle every night but as of this past weekend I upped that amount to 5oz and sometimes he still wants more...must have hit a growth spurt!!! Shortly after he hit the 2 month mark I started supplementing a little bit of formula into his night time bottle. So his night time bottle typically consists of about 3-3.5oz of breast milk mixed with 1.5-2oz of formula. I'm back to pumping only twice a day because lets be honest pumping is annoying. So I pump once in the morning and once at night. The morning pumping session always gives me enough (if not a little extra) for his night time bottle (now that I'm supplementing) and the night pumping session is always stored for later use. I still freeze anywhere from 5-10oz of breast milk every night.
Routine: He had a pretty good sleep/nap routine before he got sick...now not so much. He finally started feeling better (towards the end of last week) so we're trying (and praying) to get him back on a decent schedule. When he was at the peak of his illness Mason slept all the time but towards the end not only was he no longer sleeping through the night but he also refused to nap until oh maybe 3pm or so. Slowly (since feeling better) he has started taking a few cat naps throughout the morning/early afternoon and then I can always count on one good late afternoon nap. (A 2-3 hour nap from 3-6ish). Like I said above he is no longer sleeping through the night...boo hoo for me. He generally gets up once between 4 and 5 to eat and then again between 7 and 8. Still not a bad schedule so I know no one is going to feel sorry for me = ) but still hoping he gets back to his old ways!!!

I went back to work this past Friday so from here on out I will be working two 12's a week. I work every third weekend so on the weekends he will be with daddy and during the week he will be with his grandmas during the day and daddy in the evening (that is until mommy gets home). A nice little set up if I must say. On his not-with-mommy-days he gets 5-6 bottles instead of the boob...poor boy..he really loves the boob. I'm still trying to figure out how many ounces to give him. I made up five 4oz bottles on Friday and although my mom said he seemed content enough afterwards...she said that he would have taken more. And when I got home from work Brian said Mason was working on his second bottle in a row. (He ate 7oz that feeding...whoa nellers). So on Monday I made five 5oz bottles for my mother-in-law and for now we're sticking with that. While at work I try to pump at least 3 times plus once before I leave for work and once before I go to bed.
Developmental Milestones: Mason definitely reaches for things now. His favorite thing to grab hold of...mommy's hair. Ouch! But he'll also reach for things on his playmat (see below). Other milestone's include laughing FOR THE FIRST TIME (such a precious sound), finding his fingers, cooing "baby" talking like crazy, and holding up his head up for small amounts of time (see above).
Loves: Mason loves loves loves sucking on his fingers. He spits out his paci ALL.THE.TIME to get his fingers in. Mason also likes riding in his stroller and being outside. Oh and he definitely loves the boob!!!
Dislikes: His paci...he prefers his fingers = )
(Notice the paci in his left hand...)

No comments:

Post a Comment