Sunday, June 24, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday Alayna Joy

Little did we know that morning,
God was going to call your name,
In life we loved you dearly,
In death we do the same,
It broke our hearts to lose you,
You did not go alone,
For part of us went with you,
The day God called you home,
You left us beautiful memories,
Your love is still our guide,
And though we cannot see you,
You are always by our side,
Our family chain is broken,
And nothing seems the same,
But as God calls us one by one,
The chain will link again.
(Author Unknown)

Sweet Alayna Joy,

Sometimes it seems like just yesterday when I last held you in my arms. Yet other times it seems like a lifetime ago. However, a mommy never forgets what it feels like to hold her firstborn child in her arms for the very first time. But for this mommy that moment was not filled with joy and bliss as it should have been. Instead it was filled with heartache and sadness. For I knew I would never see your pretty eyes. I would never hear your sweet cry. I would never rock you to sleep. I would never see you take your first step. I would never hear you say "mama." I would never kiss a boo boo all better. I KNEW I was going to miss a lifetime of memories.

The month of June is hard for mommy. The tears seem to fall a bit easier. And my heart feels a bit heavier. I often wonder what life would be like if it had just turned out differently. Life would certainly be full of sugar and spice and all things nice (because thats what little girls are made of)!!! Life would certainly be very busy chasing two toddlers all over the place. And maybe just maybe we would be thinking about adding another addition to our family of four. So many what ifs and could have beens. But I understand (now) why life turned out the way it did. Because mommy and daddy were meant to have your baby brother Mason. And he may have never been if you and Ella were alive and well. So I have found peace with the fact that you are not here in my arms. But it still doesn't stop the tears from falling every now and then. Its at these moments that I hug Mason even tighter. Its at these moments that I am thankful that joy does come in the morning. And bottom line...I am eternally grateful to God for giving me YOU even if for such a short amount of time. Someday our family chain will no longer be broken and what a special day that will be.

Until then sweet girl...HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY!!!

Love you Alayna girl with all my (our) heart(s),
Mommy (and Daddy) 

No comments:

Post a Comment