Happy Eight Months Sweet Boy!!!
Sizes: Mason (for the most part) is wearing either 12 month or 12-18 month clothing. (Some of the 12-18 month clothing is a bit big but I would rather it be a bit too big then a bit too snug). However, he is still wearing a few 6-12 month or 9-12 month shorts. Mase is wearing size 4 (Kirkland brand) diapers. And at night he is still wearing his waterproof training pants!!!
Food: Mase is an eating/drinking machine these days!!! He loves to eat and drink. He typically gets 4-5 6oz bottles a day. He gets 5 bottles if he starts his day off early (before 7am) or 4 bottles if he sleeps in (sleeping in means waking anytime after 7am). And then he also eats three meals a day. For breakfast he eats a full 2nd's fruit mixed with one ounce of barley cereal. For lunch a yogurt. And for supper a full 2nd's vegetable. In between meals he snacks on puffs and yogurt melts. He loves all (the baby food) fruit but his favorite is definitely apple and blueberry and he is partial to the "orange" vegetables. And just last week (Monday) for the very first time I gave him some table food...which consisted of raspberries and cheeries...and yes he liked them both!!! I was going to wait until 9 months but he seemed ready and ready he was.
Routine: Mason typically wakes up between 7-8am and is ready to begin his day. (However, for the last week or so he's been waking up between 5 and 6am. Thankfully though if he gets a bottle...he will 9 out of 10 times go back to sleep until 7 or 8am). Once he wakes up...breakfast (and a bottle) is first on his agenda followed by playtime. About three hours after he wakes up for the day he is ready for his morning nap. He'll nap about 1-2 hours. Then it's lunch time (which includes another bottle). Lunch is followed by more playtime until he is ready for his afternoon nap which again is about three hours after he wakes up from his morning nap. His afternoon nap is typically 2-3 hour (just depends on how tired he is). Then its dinner time (including another bottle)...followed by yet more playtime and around 8pm I get him ready for bed...which consists of a bath and his final bottle. Mase goes night night between 8:30 and 9pm. Obviously there are variations day to day but for the most part this is the pattern he follows. Playtime is anything we want it to be...a bike ride, a stroller ride, a wagon ride, playing with toys upstairs, playing with toys downstairs, etc. And playtime gets ditched if mom needs to run some errands.
Oh the silly ways you sleep...
Dislikes: Mason still very much so dislikes getting his face wiped or washed. And for whatever odd reason he absolutely hates the vacuum...hence the picture below. And I wasn't even pushing it towards him.
Other Things I Don't Want To Forget:
- You helped mommy celebrate her 29th birthday.
- You still get Miralax once a day. And no longer do you get just 1/4tsp...you get up to HALF a cap full.
- Your top teefers started coming in just before 7 and a half months. You woke up every night for a week straight and just wanted to snuggle/rock with mommy. So snuggle you I did. Sometimes it took over an hour of rocking and
maybea little motrin (or tylenol) to help settle you back to sleep but other times it only took a mere 10-15 minutes. Your left front tooth came in about 2 days days before the right.
- You almost always fall asleep when mommy sings Jesus Loves Me or Jesus Loves The Little Children.
- Also right at 7 months you started sitting in the tub like a BIG boy. No more baby tub (in the big tub) for you!!!
- You started eating puffs at 7 months exactly. And a week before turning 8 months you got your first taste of table food!!!
- NO more helmet for YOU as of August 9!!!
(One of) the last pictures of you with your with helmet on!!!
- You started sitting in a BIG boy car seat this month.
- You no longer cry the minute you wake up...you "play" with your paci(s) and baby talk for awhile before giving mommy your million dollar GOOD MORNING smile!!!
- You baby talk quite a bit and you say something that sounds just like "dada" and "mama"...but I'm just not sure if you actually know what you are saying yet.
- And last but not least you went to the Hudsonville Fair for the first time. But you were too enamored with all the farm animals to get a decent picture. So this is what mommy has to remember your first trip to the fair.