Thursday, September 6, 2012

Just a Yooper Kinda Weekend

Every Labor Day weekend for the past 10 years we have made the 6 hour trek (2.5 hours past the bridge) up to my parent's cabin in the Upper Peninsula. But this year (year eleven) was extra special for me because I got to share the tradition with MY BABY. And I know without a doubt that Mason enjoyed himself...because he just LOVES being with his cousins. (They are crazy fun to watch and well just plain crazy)!!!

Every year brings about a little something different. This year the weather was a wee bit hot during the day (thankfully it did cool down at night). The flies were BEYOND nasty (but at least they weren't biting). The WHOLE family made the trek up!!! And a whole lot of boche ball was played!!! But then there are some things that never change. Like...the food was excellent. Deer were seen. Campfires were enjoyed. And 4 wheel/trailer rides were as always a fave among the lil peeps.

But as always when memories are being made I can't help but think about my sweet baby girls. A and E would have had so much fun running around with their cousins at the cabin. Hard to imagine that in one short month (had my pregnancy with them gone the way it should have) they would be turning two years old. Crazy. Still makes me sad at times. I do count my blessings...Mason being high on that list...but the hurt and pain are still there. I suppose it always will be to a degree. But then all I have to do is take a look at that sweet little face below (and no NOT Brian's) to be reminded that God's plan is more than right...it's perfect!!! 

Daddy and Mason AND the Mackinaw Bridge 

Their shirts say it ALL!!!

Family 4 wheel ride

I could eat him up!!!

Me and the hubster at the tip of the Peninsula

Papa taking 6 of the grandkids for a ride

My lil big man

All of the kiddos...Austin, Easton, Cole, Addisyn, Mason, Kylynn, Brinley, and Cambrey. (And yes Mason is holding on for dear life)!!!

Papa and Gma with their camo boyz!!!

Me and my boys

Buddies (whether they want to be or not)

Another grandkid pic

Bath time

My sis and I taking 7 of the kiddos on a ride

Roasting marshmallows by the fire with Cambrey and Kylynn

No comments:

Post a Comment