Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Appointment Update

So we had our sit down with our RE (the AWESOME Dr. Dodds) this past Friday and heard basically what we expected which in our opinions was good news. My RE does not feel like we have "anything else" going on with either of us. There was a question about maybe something genetically that both Brian and I are passing on but he does not feel like that's the case. He simply feels that "our story" is typical of pregnancy in general (IVF or NOT)...with the exception of losing the girls...because 20% of pregnancies do end in miscarriage.

With our first retrieval back in February 2010 we had nine perfect little embabies. Dodds said that statistics would show that of those nine we should end up with 3-4 children. And in our case we did end up with three children (3 births). Unfortunately we lost our girls to an infection which is totally unrelated to IVF. Dodds said that we most definitely can proceed with another retrieval but his recommendations are that if it does not work this time then maybe its just not meant to be. So we are moving forward and praying that we end up with at least one more healthy child...although I would be lying if I didn't say I would love for at least two more. But God's in charge of that!!!

We're going to be somewhat more open this time around but not on public websites. So if you're thinking about us in the next few months just say a little prayer that all is going well for us!!! We would really appreciate it. It's hard for me to believe we are going to be doing another retrieval. Last time around after we knew we were expecting twins...we didn't know what we were going to do (because we had another 7 embabies in the freezer). God knew. And of those 9 perfect lil embabies he allowed me to give birth to three beautiful children...Alayna Joy, Ella Adrianna, and Mason Dale. And we are forever grateful that God chose Mason out of those 9 embabies to raise here on Earth. He is the absolute LIGHT of Brian and I's lives. And on the hardest of days he still makes us smile. It is my prayer to give him a sibling. A desire so deep in my heart that I pray God will answer. I am trying my best to give it all to God but I am after all only human.

3 comments:

  1. Lindsey - know that I will be lifting you up in prayer every step of the way. And yes, coffee with Jenn sounds great. I'll email you soon to get something set up. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete