Wednesday, January 2, 2013

What...Mason is ONE!!!

Brian's back to work. I am home. Mason is sleeping. Wow this combo has not happened in about two weeks. Looking around my house I see LOTS to pick up and clean up (since I've worked three out of the last four days) but instead I've decided to blog. Lots to catch up on...Christmas parties, Mason's 1st birthday party, Mason's 1 year well-child appointment, my crazy emotions, and whats happening in the miscarriage front (among many other things).

Since my lovable little punkin fritter Mason Dale is my favorite thing to blog about...I will start there!!!
Let me start by saying he is the absolute light of Brian and I's lives. I don't know what we would do without him and I pray that we NEVER find out. It was a bittersweet holiday season for obvious reasons but overall we did have a wonderful Christmas celebrating with Mason. And we got to celebrate his 1st birthday which added to the fun. However, I will save Christmas for another post and instead share with you pictures from his (1st) birthday party and update you on his one year well-child appointment.

The later first. Today I went in for Mason's one year old check-up and I am beyond happy to say that we have one healthy little boy. Praise the Lord!!! Over the last few weeks Mason has become increasingly clingy to Brian and I and today was most definitely NO different. Staring at everyone and clinging ever so tightly to mommy. He didn't appreciate his shots but otherwise the appointment was pretty low key. Last week on Mason's actual birthday (and the day before his party) he spiked a 103 degree temp. So I called his pediatricians office first thing in the morning (on the 27th) to see if they would want to see him. About 12 days prior he had spiked another 103 degree temp and then the day after had developed a nasty cough and green/yellow boogery nose. After 12 days enough was enough so yes his doc wanted to see him. I am SO glad that we went in because Mason did in fact have a ear infection and a sinus infection...so on antibiotics he went. At that appointment he weighed (with a very wet diaper, shoes, and clothes on) 24 pounds and 14 ounces. At today's appointment he only weighed 23 pounds and 8 ounces. Which means he only gained 12 ounces in 3 months. Guess he is finally slowing down. This puts him in the 75-90% for weight. He measured 31 inches...which puts him at the 85% for height. And his head was 18 and 3/4 inches...which puts him at the 90% for head circumference. The only follow-up that needs to take place is a renal ultrasound next month to follow-up on his mild hydronephrosis. Otherwise we have a healthy healthy BOY!!!

On the eve of December 28...the day after my baby's actual birthday we partied COOKIE MONSTER style!!! Family and a few friends enjoyed pizza, chocolate chip cookies, and monster cookie cupcakes. (As well as a few other yummy dishes).

The BIRTHDAY boy

Some of the decorations... 
(And YES I made these babies from scratch)!!!

Daddy, Mason, and Mommy

Mason was so not interested in presents. Nor was he interested in the paper or boxes. He would help open ONE present and if that present was a toy...he was done. So his lucky cousins got to open up all his presents instead...

Cake... 
 Oops forgot the hat...
 Mason NO like hat.
Well maybe its okay... 
 NOT!!!
Grandpa and Grandma Vugteveen
Grandpa and Grandma Helmholdt

*Thanks to my sis-in-law Kristi for some of the awesome pics*

And a HAPPY Birthday most definitely was had!!!

3 comments:

  1. Love the birthday pics! Happy 1 year to Mason!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday, Mason! Cute cupcakes... LOVE the pic of him in the tub afterward. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like fun! great job on the cupcakes! happy birthday mason!

    ReplyDelete