Thursday, February 28, 2013

Ten on Thursday

1. I absolutely love the fact that (most of) my friends and I have kids around the same age.  Monthly play dates have been a huge success this fall/winter. Yesterday we went to Jude and Rhys' house and had fun with milk (notice both Mason and Rhys' wet spots on their shirts). Both boys took a turn spilling Jude's milk. Mason first and then ten minutes later Rhys.

2. On Monday Mason and I stopped by the cemetery to wipe off the girl's snow covered stone. Mason was such a big help!!! Oh I just LOVE my little guy. Even at the cemetery he makes me laugh with his quirky little antics...

 Of course he had to "help" me wipe off the snow...
 and in the process lose a glove...
 or two...
 this is cold mom.

3. On Sunday we went sledding down the little hill in our yard. Mason enjoyed himself as usual!!! Don't mind the hubby in his shorts (it wasn't that warm). As you will soon see I was a little more bundled up (but in my UNmatching attire again). Don't we make quite the pair!!!

4. This kid has NO fear of climbing. Earlier this week he climbed up one of the chairs in our family room (the chair that happens to be right by the fireplace) and then proceeded to head dive off of the chair and (his head) missed the fireplace by mere centimeters. So the furniture upstairs got moved around a bit. Safety first!!!

5. Mason also loves to climb IN things...so he can get to the things he is not suppose to be getting into (notice the glass jars)...

6. I LOVE me a sleeping baby!!! So sweet. So innocent. Notice the no bumper look. We tried it out for a week or so and...

7. It was a definite no go. Mason uses the bumpers as pillows and without them he just wasn't sleeping as good at night. And his pacifiers kept falling out which was also a HUGE problem. We put the bumpers back and I'm pretty sure Mason was stoked about that decision!!!

8. He was mad at me because I said NO. Anyone else have this problem ;)

9. We celebrated my niece Addisyn's 5th birthday this past Sunday. Hard to believe that she is FIVE years old already. Crazy how fast time flies. We attempted a picture of the eight grands..."attempted" would be the key word.
 Kylynn, Austin, Cambrey, Brinley, Easton, Cole, Addisyn, and Mason

10. Mason just recently became obsessed with our neighbor's dog. Brian and Mason were playing catch with Meike on Sunday. And then on Monday she (Meike) was outside again but Mase and I were meeting my mom and nephew for lunch so I told Mason "later." Well Mason must not have forgotten what I said because when we got home he walked himself right on over to our neighbor's house (NO JOKE). The big bummer for Mason was that Meike was not outside to play.

1 comment: