Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Ten On Tuesday

1. Again starting my Ten On Tuesday with a little Jesus Calling:

I AM CALLING YOU to a life of thankfulness. I want all your moments to be punctuated with thanksgiving. The basis for your gratitude is My sovereignty. I am the Creator and Controller of the universe. Heaven and earth are filled with My glorious Presence. 

When you criticise or complain, you are acting as if you think you could run the world better than I do. From your limited human perspective, it may look as if I am mismanaging things. But you don't know what I know or see what I see. If I pulled back the curtain to allow you to view heavenly realms, you would understand much more. However, I have designed you to live by faith, not by sight. I lovingly shield you from knowing the future or seeing into the spirit world. Acknowledge My sovereignty by giving thanks in all circumstances.

I will forever be thankful that God lovingly shielded me from knowing my future. Because if I would had known what was to come I wouldn't have wanted time to move forward. I mean seriously who wants to go through infertility and loss and loss and loss... Today I am giving thanks for every tiny detail God has orchestrated in my life because it has all led up to the life I now lead. And even though it isn't perfect...it's my life and I get to walk through it hand in hand with my best friend and the most adorable little miracle I know!!!

2. Every time the vacuum comes out Mason needs to "help." (Notice him hanging onto the cord). The only thing is...he gets a little heavy...

3. Mason LOVES playing in his "new" (we got it off Craigslist) sandbox...
Sleeping in his "new" sandbox...
and eating the sand in his "new" sandbox...

4. I know that I mentioned this before but this boy LOVES himself some television...whether it be a cartoon or a movie. He will watch it downstairs in his chair...
Sitting (or standing) on the kitchen floor...
Or in Mommy and Daddy's bedroom. 

5. This week is National Infertility Awareness Week. Read more about it here. Which means the winners will be announced this week Friday for the Fertility Diaries Contest. Hoping for a grand prize kinda win!!!

6. My mom's aunt (who was in her 80's) passed away last week. And just like my mom she had a daughter who lost a child. In her obituary it said that she was preceded in death by her grandson. My mom told me that she had told my dad that night that if she went before him...he IS to put that she was preceded in death by her granddaughters Alayna and Ella. Brought tears to my eyes. Not that its that hard to do when it comes to my precious daughters.

7. Last week I was on my tablet reading the latest update on my pastor (via Carepages) when I decided I wanted to look at MY carepage. I typed in helmholdt twins...but accidently typed it in the wrong place and I ended up Google searching helmholdt twins. I came across this and this. Just as in #6 brought tears to my eyes...

Before I go on with number 8 (and 9 and 10) let me just say CANCER SUCKS...

8. My pastor is NOT doing good at all. It's so incredibly sad. As (one of) his daughters said last week..."how, in 2013, with ALL the medical technology and advances in medicine, how can they not save my dad's life? How can God not want to save the most incredibly wonderful, compassionate, humble, faithful, God-fearing servant that I have ever known?" Breaks my heart because her words are so true. He is all those things and so much more. This is definitely one of those times that (as a Christian) all we can do is cling to Christ and TRUST His ways. Over the last two weeks he has progressively gotten worse. Painful. Weak. Restless. And at times confused because his ammonia levels are so high. He did have a pacemaker put in which helped some but he's still considered to be in heart failure. And the cancer is spreading...mediastinum (chest), liver, pancreas, lumbar vertebrae, cervical vertebrae, sternum, and some lymph nodes. The liver posing the deadliest threat. He was going to have an angiogram today but it was canceled due to the high risk of liver failure. Please continue praying with me for a miracle!!!

9. A fellow IVFer whose 50 something year old mom was just diagnosed this past week with stage 4 pancreatic cancer metasisized to the liver. It is not curable. Please pray as they decide what the best treatment option is.

10. Back in December I asked you all to pray for a dear co worker's 18 month old daughter. She had been diagnosed with a brain tumor at 9 months and (in December) they found out that her cancer had returned (this time to her spine). At that time they gave her 6 months to a year to live. Kelli (the mom) was and still is pregnant. She is now 6 months along. They received the devastating news this past Friday that her brain tumor is back and that there is nothing more that can be done for her. My heart is just in pieces for them. I cannot even imagine the anguish they are feeling. PRAY PRAY PRAY for these wonderful parents and their sweet baby girl Abby in these coming days and weeks.

1 comment:

  1. cancer does suck. praying and believing along with these families.

    my daughter loves to help vacuum as well, and swiffer, and dust, and do the laundry....hoping this lasts for many more years! ha, but we bought her a play vacuum to push around with us while we vacuum, that way i didn't have to hold her heavy self anymore! you should try that!

    ReplyDelete