Monday, May 27, 2013

17 Months

My monthly posts are starting to lack some. I think 18 months might be the last one until a two year post. I feel like I write a lot about Mase in my Ten on Tuesday posts (and I definitely use most of his monthly pictures) so I don't have a whole lot else to add when its time for his monthly post. But here's what he's been up to lately...

  • Not a clue what Mase weighs these days. Next appointment is early July.
  • Mason is wearing 18-24 months, 24 months, or 2T clothing. And he is still wearing size 4 Kirkland brand diapers...nearing the end though. Like I said last month he could totally be in size 5 but I'm dutch and he will wear size 4 until they are gone!!!
  • Mason talks NONSTOP these days. One day he barely had anything to say and the next you couldn't keep him quiet!!! Not that you can understand most of what he says but its still fun listening to him jabber.
  • Mason has been a champion sleeper for some time now. I was just looking back through my monthly posts and realized I've never really updated his sleep patterns since 11 months. We switched to just an afternoon nap (maybe around 13 months) and it has been the best thing EVER!!! He naps typically 3-3.5 hours. And he still goes to bed between 7:30 and 8pm. (Although with the warmer temps sometimes its been a bit later). He was then waking around 7 in the morning...but for the last month or so he's been waking up between 5:30 and 6am. (WAY TOO EARLY FOR THIS MAMA). This getting up before 6am is getting old and I told Brian today that since I am home with him the next four mornings he is going to stay in his crib until at least 6:30am (7am would be even better)...crying or not.
  • He thinks he needs to shut every door that he walks out of. So typically every door in our house is shut.
  • I believe Mase is starting to work on his two year molars.
  • Mason will not wear a bib. Flat out refuses. So many a shirts mama works hard to get stains out.
  • Hates swings. Loves slides.
  • Mason's big thing for the last few months is taking our hands (a finger) to lead us where he wants to go. If daddy is sitting on the floor and Mason wants to go somewhere he takes his hand and tries to get daddy to go where he wants. If daddy won't budge...full fledged tantrum here we come.
  •  Mason is SUCH a picky eater. Wonder where he gets that from!!! (Me for those of you who haven't a clue). He refuses to try a lot of food we put on his plate. And if we won't take it back he looks at us and chucks it to the floor. What a doll. As you can imagine my floor is a sticky mess.
  • Mason may be a picky eater but he will not turn away a sweet for anything. This is his daddy to a "T."
  • We only have one reclining (thus rear facing) car seat. The other is a forward facing only. Just this month Brian and I stopped switching vehicles. So if Mase is in the truck he sits forward facing now but if he's in the Toyota he still sits rear facing.

1 comment:

  1. When Leland turned 15 months, I decided to do an update every 3 months (instead of every month) until age 2. I post so much about him anyway, and there haven't really been any big changes in the last two months.

    ReplyDelete