Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Even though last year was my first (Earthly) Mother's Day...today is the first Mother's Day that I actually get to spend with my miracle baby boy!!! (Last year I had to work).

Thinking back on past Mother's Days brings about many different emotions. Three years ago I was pregnant with the girls. I enjoyed Mother's Day as a mommy-to-be!!! Two years ago (even though I was pregnant with Mason) Mother's Day was a hard day for me. (I was only 6 weeks pregnant and we hadn't let people in on our surprise yet). It was so hard in fact that Brian and I didn't even go to church. At my church they always ask all the moms to stand up to receive a flower. And even though in my heart of heart I knew I was a mother I didn't want other people to wonder why I was standing. So for me it was just easier to not go. And then last year I had to work but what a blessing it was to at least put my baby to bed at night.

Today is an extra difficult day for those struggling with infertility, miscarriage, and loss. I may be on the "other side" with an amazing little boy in my arms but I have not and will never forget those sad Mother's Days. So for all the woman out there whose dream is still to be a mommy...my prayers are with you (especially) today.

This morning Mason was in NO mood to get his picture taken but I told Brian last night that it was my one Mother's Day wish to get a decent pic of me and Mase (before church)...so my wish (with much patience) was granted...
Kisses for mommy!!!

After a quick picture session we headed to church. At church I received a carnation in honor of being a mommy.  Melt my heart. After church we went out for brunch with my in-law's (where I received another carnation in honor of being a mommy). So after brunch Brian and I made a quick stop at the cemetery to visit the girls and drop off the carnations before heading home for a relaxing afternoon/evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment