Thursday, May 16, 2013

Ten On Thursday

1. Laying in bed one weekday morning Mase looked over at me...took out his paci...and out of the blue gave me a kiss. Melt my heart I love that little boy!!!

2. Picked out some flowers for the girls basket at the cemetery...
Typical me I wanted to get a picture of Mase by his sister's stone. All I can say is trying to get a 16 month old to sit still (in a specific spot) for a picture is no small task. So I jumped in and as you can tell still wasn't have much luck.
Best we could get...

3. After the cemetery we stopped by a park. From this picture you can tell that Mason has no fear of heights.
He was mad that daddy wouldn't let him go by himself. (On a side note this slide is NOT meant for adults).
This boy is obsessed with slides. Love his sweet expression!!!

4. Playing with his water table on a hot May day (before the uninvited cold weather came back to play)...
His favorite thing to do is dump the water all over himself!!!

5. My sister's friend had a garage sale last weekend. I headed over to check things out (a few days early) and found some goodies...
Mase with his new snowmobile sled. Can't wait for winter ;)
With his new slide.

And his new motorcycle and tractor.

6. My flower basket is thriving this year. Last year I killed it withing the first two weeks.

7. Getting a picture of me and Mase on Mother's Day was no easy task this year. Like I mentioned in my Mother's Day post (on Sunday) my only request to Brian was for him to get at least one decent picture of Mase and I. Take your pick of what you consider decent...
Tears...
Bribery (with PB M&Ms)...
or the beloved paci look...

8. My Mother's Day gift this year...
Blessed tag with Mason's birth stone.

I actually picked it out at the Origami Owl Party that my sister-in-law hosted back in March. However, since some of the pieces were back ordered...I finally got to start wearing it the week before Mother's Day. I LOVE it!!!

9. Cancer has once again (and again) reared its ugly head. My 93 year old grandfather was diagnosed with lymphoma this past week and a friend's husband found out that his cancer after a year of treatment and surgery has returned. He was diagnosed a year ago with colon cancer (with a spot on the liver). Two weeks ago he had a PET scan. They found out the results of the PET scan last week...4 new spots on the liver and 1 outside the liver on a lymph node. Please be in prayer for Kent and Leah. Leah's dad is also my Pastor's daughter. And on that note my pastor is doing okay as of lately. He has good days and bad days. But he is a fighter. Also, the other friend I mentioned a few weeks back...her mom was given 10 months (give or take) to live. Cancer bites. 

10. Mason is obsessed with drinking out of straws. I have one of those plastic cups with a straw that I am always drinking out of and he always thinks he needs a turn. The other day he was chewing an animal cracker when he decided he needed a drink. It was lovely to see all that backwash (of animal cracker) go down the straw and into my cup. Good thing I love him lots!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment