Monday, July 8, 2013

The Journey To (Earthly) Baby #2: THE BFP through Ultrasound Day

April 23
Didn’t sleep the greatest last night. But wasn’t over the top nervous waiting for THE phone call this morning. (Opposite of my last 2ww (two week wait)). Thankfully I didn't have to wait too long. THE call came at 10:08am and once again I got the “congratulations you're pregnant” call!!! Thank you Jesus!!! My level was lower than its ever been though at 35 but the nurse (Kim) reassured me that it was a good level for testing a day early. Later in the day the office called me again. I answered tentatively worried that something had gotten mixed up when I heard Sandy’s voice. Sandy has been my main nurse for the last 3 years. She is amazing. She said that she had to call herself to congratulate me. So sweet. She again reassured  me that my level was great since I tested a day early and that yes it is more indicative of a singleton. Which is pry for the best. Even though a little piece of me had hoped for twins. God is in control and He knows what is best!!! So for today I AM PREGNANT. Taking it one day at a time and praying that on Thursday my hcg more than doubles!!!

April 25
Well my prayer has been answered!!! My hcg more than tripled!!! It was 123. Aghhhh relieves so much stress. Battle two conquered…now I just need to get to that 6 week ultrasound. (May 8 cannot come soon enough). And today is the first time that I will have to lift Mason….and only OUT of his crib from nap time. Easy enough. So happy today!!!

April 26
And then shit hits the fan and happy goes out the door. Last night I had a one time bout of spotting. It happened around 6:30pm…shortly before Brian was heading out to meet some friends. I didn't want to say anything to him. (Didn’t want to stress him out). But you better believe I was googling things like crazy when he left. Brian arrived home around 10pm (just as I was trying to fall asleep). But sleep would NOT come. I was so nervous that this was the end again. I finally told Brian and he told me NOT to worry. Easier said than done. I slept 2 hours all night (and Brian didn't do much better). At 6:50 in the morning I called my IVF nurse Sandy and left a message on her answering machine. I explained tit for tat my experience from the night before. She called me back just after 8am and told me NOT TO WORRY AT ALL. That what I had explained to her sounded completely normal but that yes we could check another hcg level the following day (per my request) to make me feel better.

April 27
Headed to Chicago bright and early this morning after getting my labs drawn. Arrived in Chicago…no phone call. Arrived at the zoo…still no phone call. Getting very nervous. Finally just before noon (1pm Michigan time) Sandy called and told me that everything still looked great. My level was 346. Thank you Jesus!!!

April 29
Diplomat Pharmacy called me this morning and told me that due to new FDA regulations that they would not be able to get me my new progesterone vials by tomorrow. (I had reordered my meds Friday afternoon). I kindly explained that I HAD to have it by tomorrow because I only had one dose left and if I missed a dose I could miscarry. It was ESSENTIAL that I get MY MEDS!!! The pharmacy said that they would call around for me and find another (compounding) pharmacy that could send it out yet today (so that I could get it by tomorrow). Meanwhile I called and left a message for Sandy (at my fertility office) asking if she had any ideas on how I could get my hands on some progesterone. I also emailed a friend who just picked up her own IVF meds (including progesterone) and asked if push came to shove if I could “steal” a vial from her and that when my vials arrived I would give her one of mine. Thankfully another pharmacy across town said that they could have it ready for me by 4pm today so Brian is going to pick it up on the way home from work. They did say that they could mail it but couldn't guarantee that it would be here by tomorrow. I am NOT willing to risk that so I told them that the hubby would pick it up at 4pm. And my sweet friend did email me back saying that she most certainly would give me a vial if push came to shove. Aghhh as I said to my friend (and excuse me for swearing) this shit is STRESSFUL.

And I can't believe that I haven't mentioned this yet but my butt hurts SO SO SOOOOO stinkin much. First the left side. Now the right side. Its never hurt this bad before with any of my previous implantations. Not sure what's going on but I currently can barely sit on my right cheek. Well actually I'm guessing the right cheek incident is because when we were in Chicago this past weekend I didn't ice before my shot. (Something I will never do again). But I also think Brian went into a new muscle that hasn't been exposed to the love of progesterone yet. Anyways I ran a few errands today and could barely drive because it hurt so much to sit without my legs straight out. But even though it hurts (and it hurts a really really lot)...I am still praying for 5.5 more weeks of this. Oh and just a fun fact the other cheek has a bruise the size of Texas on it. Oh progesterone have I told you lately how much I LOVE you.

*Skipped the 4 week update and 4 and 5 week belly pics but thought I better get with it so here goes. As you will be able to tell in a minute I decided to minimize the weekly postings to just a few topics*

May 2
How Far Along: 5 weeks.

Weight Gain: Starting a pound less than I did with Mason's pregnancy which puts me at 145.5lbs.


Maternity Clothes: Bought a really cute pair of hunter green ankle jeans for $7 at H&M this past weekend!!!

Sleep: So far so good. I wake up about once (maybe twice) a night to pee.

Symptoms: Bloated at night. Tired (especially after working a 12 hour shift). Hungry. Worried that I don't have that weird metal taste like I did with Mase and the girl's pregnancies.

Food Cravings: Ice cream. Chocolate Chip Cookies. Peanut Butter M&Ms. Water.


Gender: Going for the SURPRISE again!!!


May 8
Asked Brian before bed last night if he was nervous. He said yes. I asked why. He said he hoped we weren't pregnant with twins. He asked me if I was nervous and I too said yes. He asked me why and I said...I just hope there IS a baby in my belly (preferably with a heartbeat).

As you can imagine I didn't sleep so great last night. Very nervous. Arrived at the office 5 minutes before our 7:50am appointment (thanks to some traffic). Got called back fairly quickly. Dodds walked into our ultrasound room and as usual asked how we were doing. I said nervous (as usual). He then says...you're making me nervous. The probe goes in AND...I see NOTHING. I start panicking. Then Dodds says well I see a sac. And a baby. And then says let me zoom in. Let me zoom in some more. Let me turn the screen towards me. And then he turned the screen back and says...see...right there...you can see slight cardiac movement. We watched the screen for a few more minutes, checked out my ovaries, and then he said...looks like just one baby. He said there was maybe a 5-10% chance that next week a second baby would appear (because of how early I am). He then told me to get dressed and that he would meet us in his office. Once in the office he said that everything looked great so far. Baby measured 1.8mm (at 5 weeks 6 days). *Side note...I asked him three more times within 10 minutes if everything did in fact look okay/normal for 5 weeks 6 days. He reassured me each time that yes for how far along I am everything looked great. Praying. Praying. Praying.

My only concern was how small the baby measured. At 6 weeks 3 days Mase already measured 5.2mm. But then I read that the baby grows 1mm a day between 6 and 9ish weeks. Which means that this baby (at 6 weeks 3 days (the same gestation as Mase)) should be around 5.8mm. Praying that next week Wednesday (when baby is 6 weeks 5 days) that he/she is measuring around 9mm (or bigger)!!! Oh please heavenly Father let this baby come home healthy and whole with us in December/January. My due date is January 2. Notice thats just a day different than Mason!!!

1 comment:

  1. My reaction to the progesterone shots is different every time. Sometimes the poke hurts, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes the actual injection of medicine hurts, and sometimes it doesn't. And sometimes it BURNS SO MUCH about an hour after I get it. So weird. But I have to say, I don't have bruises and my butt doesn't hurt. You do them every day though, right? I wonder if my different reactions are because I only get them once a week.

    ReplyDelete