Saturday, July 27, 2013

The Journey To (Earthly) Baby #2: Week 17 and Appointment

July 25
How Far Along: 17 weeks!!!

Picture of Baby:

Weight Gain: 161.5 lbs...which means up a total of 16 pounds. For comparisons sake I was only up 8 lbs with Mase at this exact same point.

Picture of Baby IN the Belly:

Symptoms: As of 16 (maybe even late 15 weeks) I have been feeling way less tired...(yea!!!).

Movement: Late 14/early 15 weeks I started feeling baby move. And pretty consistently every day.

Had my 17 week appointment/cervical check (on Thursday). Appointment went really good...which I was SO thankful for!!! I was actually pretty nervous for this appointment because I hadn't felt the baby move for over 24 hours...which was abnormal. And to make matters worse my sitter was late (which only made me more nervous). Thankfully my neighbor watched him for 10 mins or so until my sitter arrived...and I made it to my appointment with two minutes to spare. I got called back right away and was immediately relieved to see baby's heartbeat just beating away (at 159 bpm). Cervix was way shorter around 30-32mm BUT still within the normal range and tightly closed. I asked Dr. J if I should limit lifting or anything and he said to carry on as normal because nothing about my cervix was abnormal. And reminded me that the cervix is like a sponge and it gets longer and shorter every day...it doesn't stay the same. Blood pressure was the best it's ever been (122/76) and again no protein in the urine. Next appointment is a week from this coming Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment