Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Journey To (Earthly) Baby #2: Weeks 10 and 11

June 6
How Far Along: 10 weeks.

Picture of Baby: (At 10 weeks 4 days)


Weight Gain: I got on the scale (Saturday June 8) and decided that I NEED to start watching my (baby) weight. I am already up 6 pounds pre-baby. At this point in Mason's pregnancy I was only up half a pound. What this means is I need to cut out my fast food stops and chocolate binges...before things get too out of control!!! Yikes.

Picture of Baby IN the Belly:


Symptoms: Really the same as last week. Except I've been having some crazy dreams. Actually I've had them for a few weeks now but lately they've been a bit more crazy. Some I would classify as nightmares...those would be the ones where I am bleeding. You better believe when I wake up from those dreams that I run to the bathroom to make sure all is alright. Gets my heart a-pounding. Otherwise I dream a lot about peeing. I'm surprised I haven't wet the bed yet =) On average I pee 2-4 times a night. I'm thankful when its only a twice a nighter!!!

Other Notes: As of today (June 6) I am ALL done with my IM booty shots!!! Ahhh such a good feeling!!! And I totally forgot to ever mention that way back in April when I said that my booty hurt more than any other implantation/pregnancy that the progesterone I was using was EXPIRED. (I noticed this about 18 days into my shots). Not sure if this was the cause of the pain but either way sure glad it didn't cause a miscarriage.

And every day that I am home...while Mase naps...momma naps. Oh do I treasure these naps. Not sure how I would make it through the day without them. Very thankful that Mase takes three hour naps so I can take an hour and a half to two hour naps!!!

June 10
Had another appointment today. It had been 13 days since my last appointment. Longest I've ever gone without being seen during a pregnancy (except the girls). I really did quite well nerves-wise. Last night I did get a little nervous. Which carried over to this morning. But otherwise I was basically nerve free!!! However, I still made Brian come with me just for support. Had my ultrasound first...met with Jelsema second. Baby measured 38mm (or 1.5 inches) and heartbeat was 182. Baby was active today!!! Always such a relief to know that baby is growing right on track with a strong heartbeat. An answered prayer for sure. The downside to this appointment was that I had to wait forever to see Jelsema. In all the appointment took 1 hour and 50 minutes. Not cool. Next appointment is at 12 weeks. Only 11 days to go.

Oh and I asked Jelsema about the blurry vision turning into migraines episodes (yes I had another one a few days ago) and he is NOT concerned at all. He said it is all hormonal. Whew. One less thing to worry about. Although I am going to try my best to drink more because I kinda think dehydration is playing a factor in these little episodes. Dehydration because when pregnant NOTHING sounds good to drink.

June 13
How Far Along: 11 weeks.

Picture of Baby: No picture this week.


Weight Gain: So I got on the scale later in the day (on Sat June 8) and I was up another pound and a half. I then got on the scale a handful of times this past week and it always said THE SAME THING (as later on Saturday)...153. Thinking it might be broken...but if not I suppose I'm up 7.5 pounds already. Big yikes-a-roonies!!!

Picture of Baby IN the Belly: 


Symptoms: Same-O. Same-O. General tiredness. General off feeling. And for whatever reason at night (bedtime) I can't seem to get enough to eat. No matter what my tummy continues to growl.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, Lindsey! I'm so excited for you guys! I hope and pray this pregnancy continues to go well for you!

    ~Sarah Bosma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grow baby grow! You look beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete