Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Ten On Tuesday

A few things about Mason for my memory books:

1. He hates covers. One night (a few weeks back) when he was fighting sleep we let him hang out in our bedroom. One minute he was wide awake and the next he was passed out head on my feet with of course NO covers...
2. He loves to knock on doors AND shut doors, his language is just exploding, and he is obsessed with bath time. (We call it tubby time). Most nights he throws a mini tantrum when we tell him its time to get out. Often he will play in a waterless tub until he gets too cold...
3. He loves playing in real cars...
(Don't mind the outfit. Daddy was on duty)!!!

This was taken just as Mason hit the manual lock. Thankfully not the automatic lock...

4. He also loves popsicles, icees, ice cream, and chocolate bars...

5. One day last week (when my sister and her besties were camping at Hungry Horse) Mase and I joined in on their fun. Mason had a blast hitting up the kiddo pool...

6. Mason's big boy room is almost complete. My father-in-law painted the rest of his room last week Tuesday. And it looks a-m-a-z-i-n-g!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! Brian hung the picture frames (with animal prints on Saturday) plus the deer antlers (from a deer he killed) plus a few things we already had. Brian also put up the second crib on Saturday (yes I am not ready for a big boy bed yet) and his dresser arrived on Saturday too. I moved up his Pottery Barn chair so now I'm just waiting for a few more things to arrive in order for the room to be complete. At that point I will take pictures of the whole room but for now just a little peak of one corner...

7. Mason has been sleeping so so so much better than he was a few weeks (or was it just days ago). He has a ways to go but now-a-days he typically goes to bed between 9-9:30pm. (No more of that 10-11pm junk). And he sleeps (for the most part) in his own bed all night long!!! There has been a night or two where around 4-5am he somehow (ahem mommy) made his way into mommy and daddy's bed. He sleeps until 8am-ish and still (thank the Lord) takes a 2.5-3 hour nap. Once summer winds down we will try and get back to a 8:15-ish bed time but for now I am one happy momma!!!

8. I'm not sure what it is but lately Mason has been super-duper-more-so-than-usual attached to Brian and I. Typically he doesn't want anyone but mom and dad picking him up. Last week he was all excited to see my mom and then yesterday he refused to even go into the pool with her (so mommy could have a wee little break...from her super glue companion). And then today there were a few occasions where he didn't want his other grandma picking him up either. He just wanted me (huffing puffing me) to carry his 27 pounds around the mall. Oh sweet sweet boy. Sometimes I just don't know =)

9. After 2 months of not breaking his cough...to the doctor office I go (tomorrow). Since the end of June Mason has been sick 3 times (cold/cough/fever) and he's never really gotten rid of his cough. Hoping its just a viral thing that he's having a hard time breaking but otherwise thinking maybe possibly the start of asthma. Hopefully its the former but either way hoping to get this cough a thing of the past.

10. Last week Friday night Brian, Mase, and I headed out to Holland State Beach for a little family fun. We picked up a pizza and some breadsticks at Sluggos and then headed to the beach to eat it ALL up!!! Go figure Daddy told Mase to look while he threw a piece of pizza TO THE SEAGULLS. Well that did it Mase decided "feeding" the birdies was more fun than eating the pizza himself. And then he started screeching like a seagull. Silly boy!!! After dinner we walked down to the beach so he could play in the sand/water. It was a perfect night out. Love my lil family!!!
His favorite activity for the night...squirting water with daddy.

2 comments:

  1. he is such a cutie! he senses baby too, could be why he's getting so attached. my daughter was very attached at 15 months when I had the triplets, and then again this time around when she was 2 1/2 when I had my son. NO one was allowed to tough her but mommy and daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny that he doesn't like covers. Leland can't sleep without a blanket. He is SUCH a blankie boy. He has a certain one that he has to sleep with at home. It doesn't leave home though, and he sleeps fine at daycare with a different one. He likes to rub his hands and face on it.

    ReplyDelete