Monday, August 5, 2013

The Journey To (Earthly) Baby #2: Week 18 and Appointment

August 1 5
How Far Along: 18 weeks (and 4 days)!!!

Picture of Baby:

Weight Gain: 164 pounds (as of this past Thursday).

Picture of Baby IN the Belly:
(Not my best pic but its gonna have to do)...

Symptoms: Some days I am definitely more tired than others. Thinking this may be in part due to my antibiotics. Also on the 5 days that I am on antibiotics I typically feel "off" But otherwise feeling good!!! Although I did just throw up (bile) this morning...tasty.

Movement:
Feeling movement daily but no fierce kicks yet. And today I officially found out that my placenta is anterior which is why I am not feeling as much movement as I did with Mason's pregnancy.

Feelings: Had my 18 week 4 day appointment/cervical check this morning. And praise the Lord all was well. At my last appointment my cervix went from 38mm down to 31mm...which made me very nervous. Add in the fact that my "crotch" hurts every now and then. And you get a very nervous preggo. All kinds of wild ideas (scenarios) have been running through my head. Bedrest. Loss. Hospital. Thankfully they were just wild ideas...because my cervix was back at 36mm. No protein in the urine. Blood pressure was excellent at 122/64. And baby's heartbeat was 153bpm. Only bad part (of the appointment) was the tech had to use "wandy." Aka...had to do the transvag approach to getting my cervical measurement this week. Oh well things could be much much worse. Also had a nice long chat with the ultrasound tech. She now knows why I am soooo nervous for every.single.ultrasound. And I had a nice chat with my doc. SO very thankful to be under such wonderful care!!!

1 comment:

  1. So thankful for the outstanding care you are receiving and your measurements/stats look great. Continuing to lift you up in prayer.

    ReplyDelete