Thursday, September 26, 2013

Ten On Thursday (never got around to publishing this on tuesday)

1. I love craft shows and I especially love when they're on a Saturday that I'm not working!!! This past Saturday was the Septemberfest Arts and Crafts Fair sponsored by Hudsonville Christian School. Not only did I get the sweet count down sign below but I scored a super cute football hat (in case baby is a boy), a few gender neutral burp clothes, and my favorite dish scrubbers!!! Like I said...love me some craft shows!!!

2. And then Saturday night we celebrated my niece Cambrey's 6th birthday. I cannot believe she is SIX years old already. One of the biggest reasons why I can't believe that she is six is because that means SIX years ago Brian and I went on our first date. Crazy how fast time (life) flies!!!
The beautiful birthday girl!!!
Boys being boys.
Mason was obsessed with Cambrey's new microphone. (Thought it was his and didn't want to share it with anyone). Good thing Aunt Courtney got his name for Christmas...she now knows just what to get him ;)
B and Aunt Linnie. Love this lil peanut!!!

3. Mason's new fave go-to toys...my kitchen utensils...
Different day but same story!!!

4. And if he isn't carting around my utensils...he's carting around at least three to four of his paci's (compliments to his new bed situation)...

5. And about that new bed situation. Well this past Wednesday Mase made the big switch to his big boy room. It didn't go so well. (Just so you know Mase doesn't do sleeping environment changes well AT ALL).

Nap/Night Day 1-Fail...Slept in our bed on both occasions.
Nap/Night 2-Nap went okay. Cried for 10 minutes but did fall to sleep on his own. But night was an epic fail...(LEARNED TO CLIMB OUT OF HIS CRIB)!!!
Night 3-Mostly successful (and now in a toddler bed)...Walked into our room twice so I ended up laying with him for 30 minutes but then he slept ALL night long in his toddler bed!!!
Night 4-Mildly successful...Again had to "lay" with him for 30 minutes before he fell asleep and he woke twice for about 30 minutes each at midnight and 3am. And I say "lay" because I am no longer allowed to lay IN his bed but have to sit beside it because supposedly I bent the bed frame.
Night 5-Again mildly successful...Yet again had to "lay" with him for 30 minutes and at that point he STILL hadn't fallen asleep but I left his room anyways and told him he had to stay in bed and believe it or not HE DID!!! And thank heavens only woke once for like 5 minutes. Just needed mama to tuck him back in.
NIGHT 6-Success!!!...Put him to bed at 9pm and immediately walked out...and NOT a peep was heard until 7am.

And to answer the does he get out of bed when he cries question? Sometimes yes and sometimes no. Typically if he is out of bed he is stands by his door until I come. Cutest thing ever is when he comes trooping into our bedroom when he wakes in the morning. And Monday morning I jumped in the shower before he was up but put Henry Hugglemonster on our (bedroom) T.V. and when I got out of the shower there he was just chilling in mom and dad's bed watching Henry!!!

6. Sunday night was a beautiful evening so we headed over to a local park (Spring Grove) to let Mason run around and explore. My boy loves to gather sticks...

7. I went and picked out my fall mums and pumpkins on Monday.
The mum on the right is orange and on the left is red.

Love me some mums (and pumpkins)!!! And one of my mums from last year (that Brian planted) came up beautifully!!! So I am in mum heaven.

8. How EXCITED AM I about the Tanger Outlet rumor supposedly coming to my area fall 2015? (http://www.woodtv.com/news/local/kent-county/tanger-outlets-coming-to-west-michigan). And how excited am I for H&M to open in a mall not more than 25 minutes from my house THIS fall!!!

9. As I moved Mason to his big boy room last Wednesday I put away a bunch of his summer clothes. While putting those clothes away I started going through his old bins of clothes and decided to wash all the baby boy newborn to 3 month clothes (just in case)!!! And last week I went to Carter's since they were having a blowout baby sale and bought a few (three) girl items. Next on the agenda is to look through my sister's old bins of boy AND girl clothes so that either way I will have a decent start in the clothing department!!!

10. Took Mason to his follow-up doctor appointment on Monday and it was decided to start Mase on a medicine called Singular. This is a first step med in hoping to manage childhood asthma. He has not officially been diagnosed with asthma yet but Dr. M is thinking he pry has it.

Also I questioned Dr. M about his missing eye tooth. He said that Mason should have had it come in already and since it hasn't (and doesn't appear to be coming anytime soon) he recommended that we pay the dentist another visit. This time for xrays to see if the tooth is missing. That appointment is set for October 16 with mommy and daddy since mommy can't do xrays (obv because of the baby). And lastly...he weighed in at a whopping 29 pounds (with wet diaper, clothes and shoes on).

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh... how cute is he lugging around your kitchen utensils?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leland is obsessed with kitchen utensils! But he's only allowed to use the plastic ones.

    ReplyDelete