Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Ten On Tuesday

1. Oh my what a week its been. Last week Tuesday my father-in-law ended up in the ICU and didn't come out until Saturday afternoon. Diagnosis...brain aneurysm. My mother-in-law was baby-sitting Mason (when the incident occurred) and most days that she babysits my father-in-law (who is retired) comes over to play (with Mase) for a bit. After playing with Mase he went out to putter in our yard and at some point went unconscious. Thankfully our neighbor found him (still with a pulse). The ambulance was called but once in the ED he started seizing and since they couldn't get them to stop they had to intubate him. He was extubated on Friday and besides being extremely tired he responded to all questions appropriately (thus no brain damage...thank goodness). And then yesterday we were told he would not have the procedure to fix the problem until this Friday. (Which means he gets to just chill in the hospital until then because they won't let him go home. And this past Saturday they told us the procedure would occur on Monday...as in yesterday). So now we wait.

2. Grandma H. once again spoiled Mase (before grandpa landed in the hospital) by taking him shopping (on HER birthday). Of course he spied this car while breaking for lunch and just HAD TO HAVE a ride...

3. On Monday (of last week) it was my MIL's birthday and since both her hubby and son were busy Mase and I went over to her house to spend her birthday evening with her. Brian called me on his way home and I told him to stop in a minute. Shortly after he arrived Mase started pushing and then for some reason ran into their bathroom. As a complete joke we put him on the potty. Hilarious. He didn't go but we sure got a chuckle...
 
(Yes his hand IS in the toilet. Gross I know. I WAS telling him to get his hand OUT)!!!

4. Mason is OBSESSED with Daddy's sock basket. Like rips apart his socks 20 times a day (or so it seems)...

5. Like I mentioned in last weeks TOT (Ten On Tuesday)...Mason has a slight obsession with my kitchen utensils. Well that obsession is still very active but shortly thereafter he also became obsessed with my silverware drawer. As in running around the house with forks. (Not something I wanted to see when I stepped out of the shower). So not cool Mase. Not cool at all. So I made the hubby order more locks and now basically every drawer in my house is locked. Somewhat annoying when I can't just whip open a drawer BUT if Mason is safe then it can be as annoying as all get out.

6. This boy loves him some slushie...

7. Sunday night hang out with neighbor (and buddy) Blake...
(Thanks for looking at the camera Mase...not)!!! 

8. Mason is a ROCKSTAR. This bed thing (minus the first rough week) has gone way better than I ever expected. Mason LOVES his big boy bed. He goes to bed at night so easy and NEVER (yep NEVER) gets out. When I put him down I tell him he can't get out and for some reason he has listened. (He even cries for me to get him out in the morning...doesn't just come into our room anymore). And naps are just as easy. Yesterday he was playing in the family room and I told him it was nappy time. He followed me into his room, got in his bed, and was out like a light!!! So thankful for the (basically) smooth transition!!!

9. I always wondered what it would be like for my son to bring me a piece of "chocolate" that smelled like poop. I NO longer have to wonder. Ewww...thankfully it was just one small pebble.

10. As of today hunting season has officially begun...

2 comments:

  1. Prayers for your father-in-law. How scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing your father in law a speedy recovery and complete healing! How scary.

    ReplyDelete