Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Ten On Tuesday

1. Last week Wednesday I took Mason to the dentist (for the second time in his short little life). And here's why...because he's had 3 of his 4 eye teeth in for months now but that last one just isn't happening. Where the tooth is NOT coming in is also where the divot in his mouth is. I asked Mason's pediatrician about it a month or so ago and he thought it would be best for Mase to pay another visit to the dentist (because he thinks it might be missing). Verdict: Dr Sally agrees (although very rare to be missing a baby tooth) she does not think it's there and if it is it pry will not come in. (Boo). She said it doesn't mean that there isn't a permanent tooth to come (please let there be)!!! But if there IS a baby tooth there it pry won't come in and WILL have to be pulled out (hello oral surgeon). She said in a year or so we can take an xray but that its not a rush. She also peaked at his yellow spots and said that the spot on his front tooth is getting worse (lovely) and that we really need to be brushing twice a day to remove all plaque or else his baby tooth will get a cavity (and front teeth with cavities = mega pain or so I've been told).

2. Good-bye beautiful fall weather and hello crappy fall weather. Oh and thanks for raining on my family picture day. Seriously without fail if I schedule pictures too late into fall...we get rained (or hailed) on. Happened with my maternity shoot (when pregnant with Mase) too. Maybe its something about maternity shoots? We went ahead with the shoot though and I am glad we did because it was only a light drizzle and since we were in the woods we were mostly protected from it. The bigger downside...Mason wanted NOTHING and I mean NOTHING to do with getting his picture taken. Praying we get at least one good family shot!!!

3. On Saturday morning (despite the yucky rainy weather) my whole family (well sadly minus my hubby) headed to New Salem for some fall family fun!!! We saw (petted) tons of animals (cows, pigs, goats, bunnies, etc)...
(All 8 grandchildren)
enjoyed a bouncy house...
Uncle Brandon took Mase through here.
He loved it so much he went again all by himself...
and with just a little help (from his big cousins) HE MADE IT!!!
we went for a ride in a luxurious farm wagon...
made our way through a kiddie corn maze...
and enjoyed us some pumpkin donuts and apple cider....
Sadly we skipped the kiddie train ride and the playground because of the rain. But in the end I can honestly say despite the rain we had a great time!!!

4. Saturday night we celebrated a friend's 30th birthday. It was the third 30th birthday party we've been invited to (this year) but the first we could actually attend. (Thanks to my parents for babysitting)!!! I didn't take any pics but stole this one from my friend.

5. I finally had a Sunday off. (It's been a good 4 weeks). And since we were finally all dressed (nicely) and ready...we took our annual fall family porch shot. Oh how I love these boys!!!

6. Mason's latest obsession...matchbox cars (daddy's old ones from gpa and gma's house). AND BELIEVE ME YOU CAN FIND THEM PRETTY MUCH ANYWHERE IN MY HOUSE...

7. And Brian can't even use the excuse of preggo brain...

8. I told you all about my jane.com and groopdealz.com obsession back in September but sadly a few weeks ago I received my first purchase disappointment. Does this necklace look "mustard" colored to you?
 
Unfortunately in order to return it I would have to pay shipping and the only other available colors to get in return were none too excitable...so the easiest route was to just keep it.

9. Mason's surprise present (just because from gpa and gma H). One spoiled (happy) little boy!!!

10. I start teaching clinicals for Hope College today. Praying for a good (and fast) next 7 Tuesdays!!!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting that you are teaching at Hope! Hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete