Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Ten On Tuesday

1. So my sneak peak (of my maternity/family shoot) came up this past Thursday night (and I received my CD in the mail on Saturday)!!! And all I can say is LOVE!!! I was more than surprised to see that Jess caught a smile (or two or three) from Mase. Let me remind you he was an absolute terror during thee entire session. So much so that at one point we strapped him into his car seat to watch some Curious George so we could take a few of just Brian and I. Here are (just) a few...
 And truly what Mase was like most of the shoot...
Hence why NO "cutsie" ones of Mase kissing my belly or something of the sort. Oh well...they still turned out GREAT!!!

2. Oh me oh my. Bad mommy award definitely belongs to me. And here's why...last week Mason decided to jump on my lap and in the process knocked my computer to the ground. I said "oh shit." And wouldn't you know Mase immediately repeated those exact words. (And clear as a bell). It was his favorite phrase for about a week. Said it anywhere and everywhere. Thankfully I haven't heard it in the last day or so...

3. A few weeks back someone mentioned something about the Sky Zone Trampoline Park in Grand Rapids. I looked into it and saw that they had toddler time (only for 1-5 year olds) on Fridays from 10-12. What a perfect activity for Mase. I thought it would be a little boring to go by ourselves so I figured out a time when my mom was watching my sisters two littlest (who are 4 and 2) and mentioned something to her about going. And we did this past a Friday. (Although my 6 year old niece came too since she didn't have school...we just told them she was 5). The kids had a blast. Sky Zone employees are a little "Nazi" about some things but I suppose they have to for liability reasons. Anyways here are a few pics of our FUN Sky Zone Adventure...
Cole, Mase, Cambrey, and Brinley

4. Mason has this obsession with looking through ads. Not just any ads...TOY ads!!! The funniest thing is when he points at something and says "stuck" because he can't play with (get the toy) off the paper. Funny funny boy. Christmas/Birthday is going to be FUN this year!!!
Different day...same story!!!

5. Mason is OBSESSED with all things Curious George...so for Christmas (or his birthday) I really wanted (errr want) to get him some Curious George books. However, they have to be hardcover (including the pages) because he rips soft cover pages. So after playing in the mall play area one morning last week Mase and I headed up to Barnes and Noble to look for just this type of book. Before hitting the kids book area we came across a plethora of toys. Mason was in his glory!!!
I'll take this guitar mom and...
both of these too!!!

6. The day after Barnes and Nobles Mase and I went to get some groceries. (Something I normally dread). But (for some reason Mase was an absolute gem) so after getting groceries I told Mase that since he was SUCH A GOOD BOY we could walk the toy aisles. (One of his favorite activities). So we walked up and down each and every toy aisle. Fun stuff for a 22 month old. (And to answer your question...NO he does NOT beg for mommy to buy anything so for now this IS a cheap and entertaining activity for Mase).
Checking out ALL the toys!!! And a good opportunity for mommy to get Birthday/Christmas ideas!!!

7. Kinda just a little worried. And here's why. Mason likes to hit and sometimes rest his feet/kick the baby. He thinks its funny. Mommy does not. Praying he's a nice big brother when his little baby bro or sis arrives...

8. Just for the record (so I don't forget) Mase says the most pathetically sweet "bye" (and promptly shuts our bedroom door) when he goes nah night (in his bed) every night (um...well for the two minutes he stays in his bed anyways before knocking at our door yelling "momeeee, daaad"). Since I am sick of getting up every two minutes (this is with me and Brian taking turns) I started laying with Mase (in my bed) for the last few nights. He broke this pattern on his own before so hoping he does again. If not we could be in trouble.

9. Manning his position...(or simply trying to kick mommy out of bed)...

10. I always tell daddy that he needs to keep the laundry door shut and this is why...

1 comment:

  1. ha we do the same thing at target. my 3 1/2 yr old LOVES walking the toy aisles and just looking, playing with things. so cheap, such fun entertainment for her. she's never once asked us to buy something for her. so nice!

    ReplyDelete