Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Ten On Tuesday

1. I went to my town's local library (WITH Mase) this past Wednesday because I wanted to get out of the house for a short while (and the library happens to have a nice little play area). The only other time I went WITH Mase to the library was last year and we were the only ones in the play area. Well this last visit was another story. There were nine other little kids playing. I started chatting with one of the moms and came to find out we were both IVF mommies (oh the connections we IVFer mommies make). As we were leaving she asked if I was going to be coming next week to the movement and music time. I said I didn't know anything about it so she gave me a pamphlet. Sounds like something Mase would enjoy and its FREE!!! Unfortunately I have a work meeting this Wednesday but you better believe (as long as were both healthy) we'll be there the following week!!!

2. Brian left for hunting Thursday morning and just got back yesterday afternoon. Longest he's ever been away from Mason. (Since the last time he went Up North to my parent's (dads) cabin was when I was pregnant with Mase. He skipped last year since I had just been implanted). All I know is this pregnant momma was T-I-R-E-D. And single parenthood is NOT for me. So thankful for my hubby. But also thankful that he could have some time away!!!

3. (Day 1 of Daddy-Be-Gone)...I worked all day Thursday (day 4 of 6 of my PICU cross-training). My mom watched Mase until 4pm and then dropped him off at my in-laws until I got out of work (at 8pm). So very thankful for my mom and mother-in-law!!! Mason is blessed to have such wonderful grandmas!!!

4. (Day 2 of Daddy-Be-Gone)...My mom was watching my sister's two littlest ones again on Friday and since they had never been to the Cabela's (in our area) my mom wanted to take them there. She asked if Mase and I wanted to join them (and we did). Unfortunately the fish aquarium had a little incident the night before (lots of fish died...thinking algae accident) so the tank was only half full of water with a few fish. But the kids were entertained by the guy cleaning the tank...
After Cabela's we headed to Sweet Yo's for some yummy frozen yogurt!!! Then Mase and I headed home since it was nap time. Later that night after dinner my mom and I went to the mall for a bit to pick out some take-home outfits for baby Hemy!!! (S/he is gonna be adorable and oh so warm when we head home).

5. (Day 3 of Daddy-Be-Gone)...On Saturday Mase and I went out for breakfast with Old Papa (and Grandma and my mom's brother and sister). And after breakfast Mase and I headed to Target where he checked out big boy underwear...
Too bad he won't actually potty train to use them. He just likes checking out all the characters like Mickey and Sully, etc. And on a side note we didn't go to Target to actually look at underwear but when I was looking in the clothing section...that is what grabbed Mason's attention!

6. At night my mom, sister (and her 3 kids) and Mase and I met up at Kohls (with a 30% coupon) before enjoying some KFC at my mom's house. Mason loves him some cousin time...and some wrestling time...

7. (Day 4 of Daddy-Be-Gone)...On Sunday Mase and I had to greet so we headed to church a little early. I wasn't sure how it would go (greeting minus daddy) but thankfully it went "okay." I say okay because Mason wanted me to lift him the entire time (NOT happening) and he threw about 10 mini tantrums because he wanted a donut (meant for after church). So besides those little things (and me sweating like crazy it went fine). After church we headed over to grandma's house (again) for a light lunch. I asked my mom to take a picture of me and my normally picture-hating child was in the background saying "cheeeeeese."
And a cuter smile...
And the rest of the night was spent chill-laxing at home. Just me and my baby!!!

8. (Day 5 of Daddy-Be-Gone)...I had to work again (day 5 of 6 of PICU cross-training) so my mother-in-law came over 30 minutes earlier than usual to watch Mase. And then daddy arrived home later in the afternoon!!! I didn't witness it but I'm sure Mase was super excited to see daddy again. After all he IS a daddy's boy!!!

9. And just because I think its funny...if you show a picture of Mason TO Mason...he calls himself either Mickey or Cole...

10. Mason is OBSESSED with dancing. If a song comes on the boy gets up and starts grooving to the music. And if Brian and/or I happen to be sitting nicely (in or on either the bed or couch) he makes sure we join in. If we refuse...a tantrum ensues...

No comments:

Post a Comment