Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Ten On Tuesday

1. Pedicure (check). Manicure (check). Hair trimmed and high-lighted (check). Baby (UNcheck).
Just wanted to share my cankles and swelling with you all!!! (This was pre-pedi FYI).

2. My new frames came in last week and I LOVE THEM!!!

3. On Wednesday I had my Bible Study Christmas Party. We went to Rush Creek Bistro (located inside of Sunnybrook Country Club) and my meal was SOOOO good (as was the company)!!! I highly recommend the chicken marsala (with mashed potatoes and green beans) if I have tempted you to try Rush Creek Bistro out!!! The best part was my friend Jen had 50% off coupons for everyone so my meal (with a drink and tip) was only $15!!!

4. I asked Brian to hang the laundry one night (because I was already laying with Mase in bed and had forgotten). This is what I saw the next morning...
Not my idea of "hanging" laundry. Men!!!

5. I was just chilling at home one day (well most of last week actually) when my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and it said Dr Dodds (Fertility). It was the first time (pry ever) that I wasn't nervous seeing it pop up...just intrigued. It was my absolute FAVORITE nurse Sandy calling to see how things were going. She thought I was getting close to delivery and just wanted to check in. I LOVE her and it just reminded me of why I LOVE my Fertility Office SO stinking much!!! They have made this journey that much more tolerable. She ended with...and MAKE SURE YOU CALL WHEN BABY IS BORN!!! And I most definitely will!!!

6. Thinking its getting pretty close to potty training for Mr. Mason and here's why...

Thursday of last week Mase and I are just chilling downstairs (me on the couch and him playing with his toys) when I thought he went into the back bedroom. I was tired and achy (and didn't feel like moving) so I didn't go check on him right away. After 5 or so minutes of PURE quietness I started getting a little concerned. So I got up and looked in the bedroom. The door was still shut. So then I checked the bathroom. Sure enough this is what I saw first...
That would be a PANTLESS and DIAPERLESS little boy. I think I almost peed myself. I was like what the heck. I looked around the floor to see if he had peed and he hadn't. So of course I started snapping pictures...
He was into it for a few shots and then he was over it... 
And he pushed me (well not literally) but wanted me OUT of the bathroom. He didn't shut the door completely so I watched him through the slit in the door...
But once he heard the camera click...he slammed the door shut. (If you can't tell he is by the toilet but was NOT playing in the toilet...just standing by it). I gave him a few minutes (with the door shut) but then I opened it a crack and suddenly out he came and he wanted his diaper and pants back on. I obliged. A few minutes later he says poop. I look and sure enough the boy had pooped. Upstairs we go to change his diaper and once on the changing table he says..."OUT" and is reaching for his diaper. I told him that next time he needed to tell me when he needed to go poop and that he could go on his potty. His response..."kaaaaaaaay." Too funny!!!

7. My dad was admitted to the hospital last week with kidney stone issues. Thankfully when my sister called to tell me she started with dad has kidney stones and has been admitted to the hospital instead of the other way around. Otherwise I might just have gone into labor. He had to have a lithotrispy performed to break the stone up because it was too big too pass. Thankfully he's feeling great now and thankfully this happened the week before Christmas.

8. Hard to believe but today marks three and a half years since my sweet Alayna Joy entered into this world. And despite the pain of loss and infertility...every single piece of that journey was vital to getting to this sweet boy...
Oh I cannot even tell you how much I love this little guy!!! He brings SO much joy and happiness into my heart each and every single day. I am ubber thankful for him. God is SO good!!! 

9. I worked my last weekend and last shift until the end of March!!! Now this is something to be happy about!!!

10. Brian had a tradition growing up that he could open one present the Sunday night before Christmas and he wanted to continue that tradition with Mase. So we did. Here's the little chump with his present...

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with potty training! I am trying to wait until after our winter vaca with Ashton but he is also pushing it so who knows. Can't wait to hear baby news:)

    ReplyDelete