Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Journey To (Earthly) Baby #2: Week 37

December 12 15
How Far Along: 37 weeks (and 3 days)!!!

Picture of Baby: Not until his/her debut!!!

Weight Gain: Ugh. Let the truth be told. I am up a total of 60 pounds. CRACKERS!!! And this is with 2.5 weeks to (potentially) GO.

Symptoms: Tons of Braxton Hicks (like ALL the time). And I def walk with a major waddle (well most of the time). I think this waddle has something to do with a little thing called SPD (Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction). (Yes I am self diagnosing myself). Basically its crazy pelvic pain. I would say 75% of the time it hurts me to walk. As in a sharp pain every time I take a step. Sitting to standing, walking, and carrying my child just intensify the pain. I feel best just sitting. And the first few minutes after sitting or early in the morning before I've walked a lot is the 25% of the time that my lower region doesn't hurt. Oh and turning in bed is a nightmare (of pain) too. Other symptoms of mine include insomnia (worse this go around than with Mason's pregnancy), heartburn (a new addition that I don't really recall having with Mason), and holy cats are my toes/feet,  fingers, and face SWOLLEN. I seriously was NOT this swollen (in these areas) with Mase. I woke up one morning with lines on my arm from what I guess is fluid accumulation. Yikes. Baby I AM ready for YOU!!!

Food Cravings: Orange juice and clementines. (These have been my faves for a few weeks now).

Belly:

Movement: Thankfully baby decided to be a moving and shaker towards the end of week 36 but of course s/he slowed in the moving department again this weekend. Whats with the lessening of movement on the weekends baby???

2 comments:

  1. So close! He or she will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooo, SPD is the worst! I had it with dominic, and turning in bed was sometimes WORSE than walking. I had to be VERY slow and meticulous when I turned over. it was awful. good news, it's gone almost instantly after you deliver....bad news, if you don't get adjusted, it doesn't take much to happen after. I was running and all of a sudden on the ground and couldn't walk I was in so much pain. I re-dislocated it. awful. get adjusted after giving birth! so worth it!

    ReplyDelete