Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Journey To (Earthly) Baby #2: Week 38

December 19
How Far Along: 38 weeks (even)!!!

Size of Baby: An average 38 weeker typically weighs about 6.8 pounds and measures over 19.5 inches long. Or for comparisons sake...like a leek. Baby Hemy however, is an over-achiever and at 36w4d already weighed 7 pounds 3 ounces...so guessing s/he weighs in the upper 7 pound range by now or maybe has even tipped the scales at 8 pounds.

Picture of Baby: Not until his/her debut!!!

Weight Gain: Pretty sure I won't be jumping on the scale until baby's birthday...

Stretch Marks: Just the one above my belly button but its getting stretched to the max this time!!!

Symptoms: T-I-R-E-D!!! Not gonna lie...ready for baby to be IN my arms and not IN my belly. The swelling (face, feet, toes, ankles, fingers) is worse first thing in the morning and then again at the end of the day. Didn't remember swelling much with Mase but I have written down that I did. All I know is the swelling is worse this go around.

Food Cravings: Orange juice and clementines. Ice cream. Mashed potatoes. Funny thing is I looked back and craved the same things (OJ, oranges, and sweets) at the end of Mase's pregnancy. Does this mean boy again???

Belly:
and the full body shot.

Movement: Baby does GREAT during my NST's and at night. But during the day I have to pay close attention.

Sleep: Pretty much end the night every night on the couch. Pee on average 5 times a night.

Gender: Getting SO anxious to know!!! Lately everyone (everywhere) tells me girl. All I say is that they have a 50% chance of being right!!!

  • Hard for me to believe that ONE year ago today we found out we had lost our fourth baby. Praising God we are where we are today and that it is in fact 2013 and not 2012. And thankful that God guided us to the decision of retrieving again because otherwise the miracle growing inside of me would not be.
  • Had NST #9 on Tuesday and per usual baby passed with flying colors!!! What's funny is this go around baby has always passed before the time limit (20 minutes). With Mase I sat there sometimes for a good 45 minutes and that was WITH them pressing on my belly. They are for sure gonna be two very different kids =) Heartbeat only dipped below 152 once otherwise stayed steady in the 150's...unless baby was moving then jumped anywhere from 160's-180. Everything else looked good and I was even dilated to a 2 (yea)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment