Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Christmas Day

And then just like that it was Christmas Day. Since we were out late the night before Mase had to be woken up from a deep slumber Christmas morning. (Had to make 9:30am church). We ate homemade (by me) cinnamon rolls for breakfast and then Mase opened his stocking before it was shower and hurry get ready time.
I told Brian that BEFORE leaving for church we would be taking a family picture...NO ifs ands or buts about it. (I have my reasons for why this pic NEEDED to be taken before and I will just leave it at that).
Officially the last picture of just the 3 of us. 

We got to church right on time and since I hadn't used the bathroom before leaving I went off to do that while Brian put Mase in nursery. I came out of the bathroom right as Brian was walking back with Mase. Nursery was a no go...he FREAKED out when Brian tried leaving. So I said I would hang out there with him for a bit and then sneak out while he was playing. Once Mason was busy playing I did just that. I stood around the corner though (where he couldn't see me) and wouldn't you know he FREAKED out again. I waited a few minutes before going in to calm him down. And ended up just staying in nursery with him the whole service. I was a little bummed but hormonal me almost started crying when he was sobbing and yelling...MOMEEEEEE. (I knew his life was about to be rocked the next day and was a little emotional about it).

After church we went to my in-law's house for lunch and presents. Mason as usual was spoiled (as were Brian and I).
The fam
My handsome boy on Christmas morning (with his presents)!!!
My boys
Gma helping Mase with a present.
A new kitchen!!!

After presents (and playing) we had dessert. Then around 2pm Mase (believe it or not) hit a wall. A nap was needed but he REFUSED to take one at Gpa and Gma's house so homeward bound we headed. Ended up being a nice thing cause I got lots of last minute things done around the house (and a nap myself) before headed in for my 6am induction the following morning!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment