Wednesday, March 26, 2014

{Molly} Three Months

Stats: I got on the scale with Molly today and then by myself and Molly weighed in the upper 13 pound range. (I weighed her by herself and she was in the mid 11 pound range). So my best estimate is that Molly weighs in the low 13 pound range...based on the fact that she weighed 11lb 7oz a month ago. And according to my tape measure Molly is 23 inches long.
Sizes: Molly is still wearing 0-3 or 3 month clothing and it currently fits her perfectly!!! I did however pull out a couple of 3-6 month onesies from my sister and one new 3-6 month outfit for a bit more variety! And (as of today) Molly is wearing size 2 Luv or Target diapers...(left over from Mason). I would have moved her up to size 2 Pampers a few weeks ago but I am dutch and wanted to finish off my size 1 diapers first. (Although when we were in Arizona I did buy a pack of size 2 to get us through the trip).
Food: Still on a boobie milk only diet. Still eats on demand which is still typically every 2-4 hours (during the day). And I still pump twice a day. Once in the morning and once at night. I freeze on average 8-10 ounces a day. And for the past month has rarely gotten a bottle...although as of this week that will be changing since I went back to work yesterday. So now twice a week she will get bottled boobie milk and the other five days milk straight from the boob.
Routine: Molly (as mentioned above) eats on demand throughout the day (every 2-4 hours) and typically eats her last meal between 8:30 and 9 at night before drifting off to sleep. I pretty much always put her to bed sleepy (not fully asleep). She still sleeps in her rock and play sleeper by our bed but hoping to transition her within the next few weeks to her own room. She typically wakes once (maybe twice) for me to put her paci in and a second time to eat. This eating typically occurs between 4 and 6am. And it doesn't matter if she eats at 4 or 5 or 6...she's pretty consistent with waking between 7:30 and 8am (and eating again). She's awake for an hour to an hour and a half before she takes her first snooze and I am always guaranteed a long afternoon nap (3-4 hours). In addition to those two naps she takes random other naps for short amounts of time throughout the day. Oh and she spends time daily on her play mat and gets a bath every other day-ish.
Developmental Milestones: Molly is a pro at holding her head up. And she is always trying to sit herself up. Because of the two things mentioned above she has already spent some time sitting in her bumbo seat!!! She also is starting to grab/reach for things. And is becoming a big cooer. (Not sure if cooer is a word but I'm going with it)!!!
Loves: Molly loves sucking on her fists!!! Molly loves baths!!! Molly loves to smile!!! Molly loves my voice!!! And Molly loves to study my face (especially when I'm talking).
Dislikes: Molly dislikes being cold. (She hates getting out of a warm bath and into the cold but is content (again) once wrapped in a towel). 

Other Things I Don't Want To Forget:
  • You have a love/hate relationship with your paci and your car seat. (When you're wide awake you don't always appreciate being strapped in).
  • You went on your first plane ride to Arizona.
  • You were baptized this past Sunday!!!
  • You are such an easy baby and you smile so easily.
  • Your left eye still drains some. I'm just thankful its slowed down!!!
  • You snort when you're really mad.
  • Mommy went back to work yesterday. I really dislike being away from you and your bro for 13.5 hours (two days a week).
  • Your becoming quite the drool monster.
  • You got your 3 month pictures taken today at Portrait Innovations.

No comments:

Post a Comment