Sunday, March 23, 2014

{Molly's} Baptism Day

Oh what a day we had. A day we will NEVER (ever) forget. It all started at 7am. Mason called out for me. I went to him. He smiled. Got out of his bed. Walked into our room. Got in our bed. And promptly threw up. WHAT?!? He then over the next hour and a half proceeded to throw up 3 more times. We called Brian's mom who (thank goodness) immediately offered to stay with Mase. To say the morning was hectic is putting it mildly. Between feedings, getting ready, and cleaning up vomit...we brought Mase over to Brian's parent's house (because everyone was coming over to our house for lunch after church) and as we were pulling into his parent's house I said...oh my word...I forgot the diaper bag. Thankfully Brian's dad offered to swing by our house...bring it back to his house...and then head to church. Oye!!! And the day got even better when Molly started screaming during the first baptism and continued to scream throughout HER ENTIRE BAPTISM!!! Oh my word...embarrassing!!! Our Pastor (as did Bri) let me keep her since she was screaming so much!!!
Molly continued to be fussy (on and off) throughout church and lunch but finally settled down for a good long afternoon nap. Despite the many tears I did get some cute pics of my precious baby girl!!!
(Wearing the same gown as my sister, her two girls, and me)!!!
More tears...
Yummy cake!!!
Grandpa and Grandma Vugteveen
Grandpa Helmholdt

As family and friends were starting to leave Brian left to pick Mase up from his parent's house. He was as happy as ever when they got home. So (pajamas and all) we snapped a family picture...

Children are a gift from the Lord;
they are a reward from him. Psalm 127:3
 
I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27

No comments:

Post a Comment