Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Ten On Tuesday

*So today is not going to be my first day back to work. Was sweating, had diarrhea, and a queasy stomach throughout the night. Didn't think much of it (wasn't going to call in) since I hadn't thrown up. Well go figure as I'm pumping I start vomiting. Filled my sink half up with last nights dinner. Awesome...not. And then Mase goes and throws up again too. Thankfully my mother-in-law still came over so I could rest some. The thing that is annoying is I have NEVER called in before and then it happens on my first day back from maternity leave. And I called in super late...6am. (We're suppose to call by 5am). And we can only call in once every 3 months else we get written up. Seriously why couldn't I have just gotten sick yesterday...

1. He loves her. Melt my heart...
2. Since the sun has been a-shining and the temps a tad bit warmer...we've been playing outside (some) much to Mason's delight!!!
Enjoying us some SUNSHINE!!!

3. Mason is still on the I wanna go ba bye faze so we filled last week with lots of fun. On Tuesday we went to the Byron Rec Center toddler time with my neighbor and her two boys. On Wednesday we did chill at home. On Thursday we went to For the Kidz Gym toddler time with a few of my girlfriends and their kids and then met up with my mom and nephew at McDonald's. And on Friday we went out for breakfast with gampa and gamma V, and some cousins and aunts. And after breakfast to the mall play area with Gamma, Cole, and Brinley. No pictures since Molly decided to be awake most places and since I was constantly dealing with Mason's mini tantrums. (So glad I filled the week with germs so Mase could have the flu on Molly's baptism day). Haha!!!

4. After For the Kidz Gym (on Thursday) and before we hit up McDonald's I thought I would attempt Target (just me and the kids). Didn't take me long to remember why I go alone...
5. I go alone for many reasons but the number one reason is because Mason refuses to sit in a cart. (We enter a place with carts and he immediately says no, no, no). A friend mentioned just taking our stroller in (with him strapped in) and I think this would work for a short while but I know once he sees something he finds interesting he'll want down and just kick and scream until he gets his way. And I don't want him to think if he kicks and screams he'll get his way but I also don't want to make everyone listen to my screaming toddler (nor do I want to listen to my screaming toddler). He's a 50/50 listener...so him walking along side me makes for twice as long of a trip. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 times of me saying "come on lets go" for him to actually come. And the majority of the time he does not willingly help me pick up his mess. (Hence making the trip last even longer). Giving him candy (to stay in the cart) doesn't work. Because he chomps through candy like its his job. And I am not one for promising him a toy if he listens. But I found something that works...taking things away!!!

6. Like I mentioned in #3 we've been dealing with many a-tantrums from Mason Dale. Oye me. No matter where we go he feels the need to throw one. Its exhausting. Before going out for breakfast on Friday I gave Mason a speech about behaving (aka...sitting in his seat) and that if he didn't he would not be able to play with mommy or daddy's phones for the rest of the day. Needless to say he didn't stay seated and when I would tell him to get back in his seat he would throw a tantrum. Sooooo whenever he wanted my phone (throughout the rest of the day) I told him NO that he could not play with it because he did not listen to me at the restaurant. And it seems that it did the trick...

7. On Saturday I wanted to do a little shopping. I told Brian I would take Molly. When I was ready to leave Mason majorly freaked out. (Lately he freaks out whenever I leave). Since Brian wasn't feeling good anyways I said I would take Mason too so that he could rest. I was only going to two stores so I thought it would be doable. Before getting out of the car (at Macy's) I gave Mason another speech about how he had to be good or that he wouldn't be able to play with mommy's phone (again) for the rest of the day. He sat in his stroller for a good chunk of time (snacking on goldfishies and candy) while I shopped before he wanted OUT. I told him he had to stay by me or else he would be in trouble (lose phone privileges). And wouldn't you know he stayed by me (or very close) until it was time to go. Then back into the car and off to Carter's we went. (Where he also behaved)!!! And on a side note I got some major killer deals for both Mase and Mols!!! Like a $52 Nike track suit (for Mase) for only $11.68!!!

8. In last week's TOT I wrote about a little communication mishap between my mom and myself. Well wouldn't you know it happened again on Thursday. As I was leaving Target she asked if I wanted to meet her and my nephew Austin at the play area. For whatever reason I thought McDonald's. I said sure I am by Target now so I will just turn around and head that way. My mom said she would be there in 15 minutes. After 30 minutes I was getting a little annoyed and Mason was getting hungry. Go figure as I had the food tray in one hand and Molly in the other my phone rang. I called my mom back and said sorry I had my hands full with food and Molly. My mom said I thought we would get food when we were done playing?!? I said Mase was hungry. I then said where are you? She said at the play area. I said NO I am at the play area. She said I don't see you. I then said what play area are you at? Her response...the mall. My response...sweet I'm at McDonald's. (She did end up leaving the mall and meeting up with Mase, Mols, and I at McD's).

9. He misses the Arizona sand. Thankfully this muddy mess was a good enough substitute...
 10. I could snuggle this girl all.day.long...

No comments:

Post a Comment