Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Easter 2014

Here's how Easter morning started...during a first thing Sunday morning diaper change Mason saw his Easter basket present (sitting in Molly's crib) and wanted to open it ASAP. I told him not until he was showerd and dressed. He gave me a fight but I won. (Mommy always wins)!!! He was so excited opening his gift that he didn't have time to smile for the camera...until he started throwing the tissue paper at me that is.
Couldn't pick just one...beautiful baby girl in her Easter best.
And then my morning got a little more chaotic. I had warned Brian all week that under NO circumstance was he to give Mase a chocolate donut after church. So when I heard an "oh shoot" BEFORE church come out of Brian's mouth I said...WHAT?!? And then I saw. Mason's white polo shirt had blue spit running down the front...(cotton candy he decided he didn't like from his Easter bag). SOOO NOT awesome. I tried to rub stain remover on it but it wasn't cutting it so into the wash machine it went. Thankfully he tested out his cotton candy at 8:30 in the morning....leaving me plenty of time to get it washed and mostly dried.
I wanted a picture before church because it gets a bit crazy at my parent's house plus I wanted a clean shirt. With limited time this is what I got. He didn't want sis "by" him because she was going to spit on him. Where he got that idea I have NO idea. Hence why his lip is quivering in the picture below.
After church we headed over to my parent's house for a delious ham meal (with all the Easter fixings) and for the beloved Easter egg hunt. The kids were SO excited they could hardly contain themselves. We couldn't find one of Mason's shoes and everyone was teasing him that the hunt was going to start without him which sent him into a tizzy. Thankfully we found it just in time ;) 

The Hunters...
Back: Addisyn, Austin, Kylynn, and Cambrey
Front: Brinley, Easton, Cole, and Mason

The NON-Hunters...Molly and Connor
To add to my day Molly decided to poop through her (white) diaper cover and onto my white pants right after eating. She must have wanted to add a little more excitement to my day!!! 
Mason kept giving Austin ALL his eggs...and Austin was happy to comply!!!
After a trip to the park (my parent's backyard backs up to an Elementary School) we headed home for naps. After naps grandpa and grandma Helmholdt came over for a light supper and lots of outdoor play. So thankful it was SUCH a beautiful day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment