Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Four Month Appointment

Molly had a great 4 month check-up yesterday!!! She is as healthy as can be. Praise the Lord!!! She weighed in at 14 pounds 3 ounces (60th percentile) and 24 and 1/16th inches long (40th percentile). (I estimated in the low 14 range so mama was RIGHT on)!!! This puts her a WHOLE 3 pounds less than what Mase was at 4 months.

I had some very minor concerns/questions about her eye drainage, cradle cap, and yeasty looking neck fold area. First her eye might have drainage til 9 or 10 months. If it's not cleared up by then we will be refered to an opthamologist. (Praying it clears before we even get to this point). The opthamologist would then decide if she needs surgery to open up the vessel to help the drainage get out. We have plently of time for it to clear and you better believe this mama is praying for IT TO CLEAR!!! As for the cradle cap Dr. M said that could last up to a year as well (oh joy). I'm just thankful she has a minor case of cradle cap. He said to use the Selsun Blue shampoo 2-3 times a week...otherwise stick with baby shampoo. And he said if the nystatin cream is making her neck look better (I think it is) then to keep using it 2-3 times a day for 2 weeks.

In other news...
  • Doc thought her head looked great!!! YEA!!! (At Mason's 4 month appointment we were referred to MFB (for the helmet)...SO thankful we do not have to go down that road with Miss Molly). 
  • Doc said that a new study has come out about when to start feeding (as in baby food/cereal) and the new recommendation is to start at 4 months. So as soon as I buy some barley cereal (and baby food) we will start down that road. Not really in a rush though. I guess starting kids later versus earlier makes NO difference with them developing allergies. So now they say to start early (so kids get the concept down). My doctor said to feed her once a day until she hits 6 months. 
  • And finally the poor girl was a trooper with her shots. She got 4 shots plus an oral immunization. She immediately screamed bloody murder after her pokes (and was a might bit difficult to calm) but once she did she cashed right out for 3 and a half hours. Bless her little heart. After her 3.5 hour nap she woke to feed and for some tylenol and then went right back to sleep. Woke once more to eat (at 8:30pm) and was then out for the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment