Saturday, April 26, 2014

{Molly} Four Months

Stats: Will update after her 4 month well-child check up which is on Monday!!! But for guessing sake...I'm thinking on the low side of 14 pounds.

*Update on 4.29.14...At yesterday's appointment Molly weighed in at 14lbs 3oz (putting her in the 60th percentile for weight) and she measured 24 and 1/16in long (putting her in the 40th percentile for height). And her head circumference was 16 inches (putting her in the 60th percentile).
Sizes: Molly is wearing size 3-6 or 6 month. About a week and a half after she hit 3 months I decided to switch out her closest. OUT were the 0-3 and 3 month clothing and IN were the 3-6 and 6 month!!! Molly is wearing size 2 Pampers diapers.
Food: The 5 days I am home with Molly I still feed on demand...every 2-4ish hours. The 2 days I work she generaly takes four 3.5-4oz bottles of breastmilk from the freezer. And sometimes Brian gives her some of my pumped breastmilk (from my morning pumping session) if she needs a little more. Occasionally I will breastfeed her when I get home just depends on when she last ate. On my non-working days I pump once or twice...just depends on how full I feel. Sometimes I pump just in the morning. Sometimes I pump just at night. Sometimes I pump both morning and night. On my working days I pump once in the morning before leaving for work, three times at work, and if I don't feed Molly when I get home then I pump right before bed. I generally put about 30 ounces in the freezer from my combined pumping sessions.
Routine: Molly's routine hasn't changed much since last month. She normally goes to bed around 8:30 or 9pm. And wakes to eat in the 4 o'clock hour. She then falls back to sleep until 7:30 or 8am. Eats shortly after getting up and every 2-4 hours throughout the rest of the day. She is up for a hour and a half and then takes her first nap. Often we are running to be somewhere by 10 so this nap gets cut short (more often than not) but thankfully she'll conk right back out in her car seat! She typically takes a nice afternoon nap and a cat nap (45 mins or less) in the evening. Obviously there are slight variations every day but for the most part this is her routine. She definitely had a growth spurt around 15 weeks because she was waking for her paci once and needed to be fed twice a night. So thankful to be back at just one feeding and NO paci wake-up calls!!!
Developmental Milestones: Molly can sit for short periods of time with her boppy wrapped around her (before she timbers forward). The girl is always trying to sit herself up. She is a big time gabber/cooer. Pretty sure she is going to be a jabber mouth (like her momma)!!! And she is LOUD!!! Mason often says Mowee is loud. Get use to it Mase...its only going to get worse the older she gets!!! She loves to grab hold of her toys and suck the living daylights out of them. And man oh miskins is she a drooler. (Case in point...look at the picture under Food and the 3rd picture under Loves where she is wearing a bib).
Loves: Molly loves sucking on her fingers. Molly loves her tongue!!! Molly loves her mommy!!! Her daddy!!! And her big brother!!! She (almost always) instantly smiles the moment she sees one of us after waking from a nap or if were just getting home from work. She loves to talk (or just likes to hear the sound of her voice)!!! 
About a week ago I looked back at Mason's 4 month post to see what he liked at this age. He was big into his links and oball ball. Which we hadn't given to her yet. He loved watching videos on Brian's iPhone and we really hadn't/havn't done much of that (with Molly) either. Nor has she laid eyes on her Fisher Price Rainforest Waterfall Peek-a-boo Soother. Feeling behind the eight ball this go around I look out her links!!! And as you can tell she loves them!!!
Dislikes: To be honest I cannot think of anything right off hand that Molly dislikes. She is a really laid back go with the flow happier than all get out kinda baby.
Other Things I Don't Want To Forget:
  • I cannot say enough what a HApPy (smiley) baby you are!!! More often than not when you wake in the morning (or from a nap) you don't make a peep. I just have to keep checking on you. Once in awhile I hear you cooing but rarely do you cry. You must be a morning person like your mama (use to be)!!!
  • Your nursery was repainted from yellow to gray with a pink/gray chevron wall!!! And grandma H bought you new bedding. She said a girl has to have some pink!!!
  • I was getting SO sick of your cradle cap so I finally caved and bought some Selsun Blue shampoo. Oh my goodness what a difference it has made!!! Wish I would have done it a month earlier when Dr. Stransky recommended it. I was hesitant because he said I could NOT get it in your eyes. Made me a little nervous. Thankfully mommas done good thus far!!! 
  • Just like your brother you're starting to get a rash (thinking yeast since it looks exactly like Mason's did) in your neck fold. Praying it doesn't last 2.5 months like it did with Mase. Shouldn't since as of yesterday I started putting prescription nystatin cream on it (leftover from Mase).
  • You love to sleep with your hands folded in what I call prayer hands.
  • You started noticing your brother just after you hit 3 months.
  • You celebrated your first Easter.
  • You LOVE pulling your paci out and then "trying" to put it back in.
  • You started taking naps in your crib this month!!!


  • You were given a tag blanket as a gift this month. Mommy gives it you ALL the time. (Hoping for a blanket lover)!!! Actually I started giving it to you because I am worried how your big bro will do when we take away his "bops" (they are his only security "blanket" during naps and at night). Hoping that if you're a blanket lover it won't be so hard on you when we take away your paci's (in the very far away future).
  • We moved you into your room on April 2. Oh did Mommy sleep good that night. A week or so later you came back into our room for a few nights because papa was painting your room (and mommy didn't want you with the fumes). Back to your room you went 3 nights later only to return for a few more nights while papa finished painting your chevron wall. As much as I love you right beside me I love you being in your own room even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment