Monday, May 12, 2014

HApPy MoTHerS DAy

Mother's Day can be a very hard day. I know this from first hand experience. In church on Sunday my Pastor read a poem that acknowledged ALL mothers. (Wish I had it to share with you all here...but I don't. Maybe I will have to email my Pastor for it)!!! I love that Mother's Day has become a day not just about the typical mother. It's about the expecting mother. The grieving mother. The infertility mother. The stepmother. The grandmother. The new mother. The experienced mother. The Spiritual mother. And the list could go on.

My own experience into motherhood was definitely not how I had ever dreamed it would go. I mean seriously who ever imagines infertility as part of their story. (Well maybe some do but I never did). I remember the moment I found out we were expecting (the first time). It was a moment of PURE thankfulness and excitement. And relief. We had finally beat infertility!!! I was 15 weeks pregnant on my "first" Mother's Day. I had to work but the hubby still made me feel special. I loved my mom-to-be Mother's Day card!!! But when Mother's Day rolled around the next year I told Brian I just could NOT bare to go to church. So we didn't. I was pregnant with Mase (but only 6 weeks pregnant and not very confident). I remember my third Mother's Day. It was my first Mother's Day with an Earthly child in my arms. Go figure I had to work but it was still a wonderful day. And now I've been blessed to enjoy two more wonderful Mother's Days. God is good!!!

To my beautiful children:

ALAYNA...You are the ONE who made me a mother. Your birth might have been one of sadness mixed with fear but knowing that I will someday be with you forever makes all the pain of that day bearable. You were a dream come true my little angel. And someday I will hold you again. What a beautiful glorious day that will be!!!

ELLA...Your birth held no fear. Just sadness. I knew what to expect with your delivery and birth. But just because I knew what to expect did not make your birth any easier. Just like your twin sister you were a dream come true and someday I cannot wait to hold you again my little love.

LUKE and BLAKE...To the children whom I never got to meet. Whom I never got to hold. I cannot wait to be reunited with you someday. To finally lay eyes on you my beautiful babies. (And to know if you sweet Blake were a boy or a girl).

MASON...You made me an Earthly mother. One of the (or maybe thee) best day(s) of my life. I will never forget the moment I first laid eyes on you. The moment I first held you. My dream had finally come true. Oh little boy I love you more than you will ever know. Well maybe you do know since I tell you how much I love you a thousand times a day!!!

MOLLY...Sweet sweet baby girl. If life had gone the way I wanted it to I never would have met you. Just another reminder that God's ways are always best. You bring SO much joy to my life. And I thank God every single day for you. Another dream come true...that's for sure!!!

And now to MOTHER'S DAY 2014:
Before heading over to my brother and sister-in-law's house to celebrate Mother's Day with my family I had Brian snap a pic.
After dinner and lots of cousin play time we finally wrangle all the kids together for a picture with grandma.
10 precious blessings
And one of just my two with grandma!!!

How can I not include this one of my sand-loving little boy!?!
My siblings, mom, and I...(haven't had a picture like this in years).

After church on Sunday we went to my in-law's for dinner (and beach time since it was such a beautiful sun-shiney day). Of course I had to take another pic of me and my two little blessings. Wanted a picture with them BOTH looking. Pretty much impossible it seems.
And one of grandma H with her two favorite little people to wrap up this post.
So very thankful for a perfect (weather and all) Mother's Day  and weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment