Stats: Guessing low to mid 15 pound range but will not (truly) know until her next well-child check up on July 1. (Did I seriously just type July)!?!Sizes: Molly is still wearing size 3-6 or 6 month clothing. And she is still wearing size 2 Pampers diapers.
Hoping to start rice cereal (followed by baby food) very soon. I just really do not have the desire or motivation to start feeding my baby "real" FOOD. (I just want her to stay a baby). Which means for the past month her nourishment has (once again) come only through my boobie milk. She still eats every 2-4ish hours...or on demand. Bottle when I work. Boob when I don't. When I work she takes four 4oz bottles and breastfeeds either once (before 6am) or twice (before 6am AND before bed)...occasionally she will take an additional 2 ounces from my morning pumping session for Brian before I get home from work. I still pump three times when at work plus once before leaving for work and once before I go to bed (unless she breastfeeds when I get home). Lately I have not been pumping on my non-working days unless I have a doctor appointment or a work meeting (in which case I obviously need to pump to have milk ready for whoever is watching Molly). And we are slowly introducing the beloved sippy!!!
Routine...what's a routine?!? Molly's "routine" changes daily. Some days she naps great and other days not so much. But the important thing is...she always remains happy. Well unless I am trying to make her take a nap. Then she gets MAD and fast!!! Just when I think I've figured her out she switches things up again. Over the past month I believe she has made a routine switch every week. For awhile she was taking two great naps...then when I switched her to her crib she would only take a great morning nap. And if I was gone in the morning...forget napping. Now she likes to cat nap/fight nap. Lately we have been getting three 20-40 minute naps. SO not cool. Of course on occasion she randomly takes a 2-3 hour nap. You just never know. But believe me...those long nap days are the good days!!! She goes to bed between 8 and 9pm and thankfully she goes to bed easy. Some nights I put her in her crib awake and let her drift off. Other nights she falls asleep on the boob. She wakes once a night...typically between 4 and 6 and then easily falls back to sleep until 7:30am (give or take). (Prior to moving her to her crib she had just started sleeping from 8ish to 7ish. What is with my kids and moving to their cribs? Mason got all sleep crazy when we moved him too).
Developmental Milestones: Molly rolled (belly to back) on May 12. She is trying hard to roll (back to belly) but has just not mastered it yet. Molly has a giggle that is music to my ears!!! And Molly recently discovered her feet/toes.
Loves: Molly loves loves loves sucking on her hands!!! Molly loves kisses. (She opens her mouth wide and tries to return the favor)!!! Molly loves watching people. Molly loves hanging out in her exersaucer and jumping in her jump-er-roo!!! Molly loves reaching for her feetsies. And Molly loves her mommy, daddy, and big bro!!!
Dislikes: Napping and rolling over?!? Nor is she always a fan of her car seat. She wants to be able to look around and see so being strapped in just isnt't her thing!!!
Other Things I Don't Want To Forget:
- Molly YOU slept through the night and I mean SLEPT THROUGH THE WHOLE STINKING NIGHT!!! (9pm-7:15am) the night of May 11.
- You slept in your crib AT NIGHT for the very first time the night of May 14. You made it from 8pm-12:45am. You refused to go back to sleep without eating. So I fed you and put you in your rock and play sleeper and you didn't wake again til 6am. After feeding you at 6 I put you back in your crib and you slept til 8:30am. The next night you made it from 8:30pm-5:30am in your crib.
- When you hit 4 months you were pretty consistent with waking between 5 and 6am for your lone feed of the night. Then at 4.5 months (on May 11) you slept all night long for 3 nights in a row (8pm-7am)!!! Then mommy put you in your crib (May 14) and sleeping through the night went out the window. Until two nights ago :)
- You (occasionally) sit like a big girl in your stroller!!! You LOVE it!!!
- You helped me celebrate my third Earthly Mother's Day.
- You enjoyed (well are enjoying) your first Memorial Day.
- You started playing in your exersaucer and jumping in your jump-er-roo just after you turned 4 months.