Thursday, May 29, 2014

Ten On Thursday Meets Memorial Day Weekend

1. Say WHAT?!? Yep Mason Dale Helmholdt IS sitting in a cart!!! It may have only lasted until we entered the store but I'll take what I can get!
2. Playing a little frontyard baseball...
3. We didn't make it to Tulip Time this year. Just didn't work out. But I did snap a pretty cute pic of my sweet girl one day last week before our tulips died. 
4. Brian found this sweet playhouse on Craiglist a few weeks ago for a very good price. Made for one very happy little boy!!!
5. Mason hit jackpot when he "found" daddy's "junk" drawer...
6. His favorite find from daddy's "junk" drawer (glasses and flashlight)...
7. Brian and I BOTH had a four day weekend this Memorial Day Weekend. It was awesome!!! We did a little something fun every day but also managed to get a LOT done in and around the house. On Friday morning we went to the zoo...
After the zoo Brian ran his errands with this being the finished product...
Thankfully the kids were gems on Friday and napped at the same time (SAWEET!!!) and because they were both napping and Brian was running his errands I mowed the lawn. And then after Brian ran his errands I ran mine (just to a greenhouse for some flowers). Here are my finished products...
8. On Saturday we were busy working in and around the house all morning and afternoon (cleaning cars inside and out, 4 loads of laundry, moving plants around, etc) and at night we attended some friends of ours daughter's fourth birthday party. Here's Mase before the party (again) with his favorite treasures from Brian's "junk" drawer.
And during the party...
9. Sunday brought about church. And (yet again) a boy with his treasures...
After church my mom came over for Sunday dinner (just my mom since my dad was out of town). And after dinner it was nap/relax time. After naps we headed over to my in-law's house to enjoy a little sand, water, and sun. And Brian's friend Steve and his 3 daughters came over (they live in the same neighborhood) to hang out for a bit as well.
These boys!!! Melt my heart.
Taylor, Lily, and Mase

And to end the night we enjoyed a backyard fire with our neighbors. So fun!!!

10. And finally...Monday. Absolutely no idea why (maybe teeth?) but Molly was up 6 times (YES...SIX times) Sunday night (between 8:30pm and 6:50am). So as you can imagine I was pretty tired come Monday morning. I guess Molly was too cause she cashed right out while I took a shower...
My mom, sister and her 3 kids, my sis-in-law and her 3 kids, and my brother and his wife and 2 kids all met up at my house to watch the Jamestown Parade. (Love that its a quick walk to the parade and a short parade filled with lots of candy) Mase sat like so most of the parade... (It was awesome)!!!
 
(So windy)
Sleepy baby girl
Eight of the ten.

After the parade we made breakfast at my house. After everyone left Brian worked around the house a smidge more before we headed to the cemetery to drop off the girl's basket. On the way home we grabbed some dinner and just like that the weekend was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment