Thursday, June 26, 2014

{Molly} Six Months

Stats: Will update after her 6 month well-child check up (which isn't until July 1) but for guessing sake...I'm thinking very upper 16 pound range.

*Update on 7/1...Molly weighed 16 pounds 1 ounce (60th%) and measured 25.75 inches long (50th%).
Sizes: Just after Molly turned 5 months I moved all of the 6-12 and 9 month hand-me-downs (from my sister) into Molly's "wear section." I needed some cooler summer clothes for her with the warmer temps. And then a couple weeks later I decided to pack up her 6 month wardrobe and "introduce" her to her (6-12/ 9 month) wardrobe. So she is now wearing 9 months, 9-12 months, or 6-12 months...depending on the name brand. (Some of its a little big. Her 6 month clothes did still fit afterall but I wanted her to get use out of her summer wardrobe so the switch was made). And at 5 and a half months I switched her to size 3 Kirkland brand diapers.
Food: Molly still gets booby milk from the boob the five days of the week that I am home...every 2-4 hours. And when I'm at work she takes four 4.5oz bottles of thawed breastmilk and occasionally needs another 2-3oz of my pumped milk (from my morning pumping session) to finish her off at end the day. And if she wakes during the night (5:30am IS still the middle of the night) then she breastfeeds once on my working days as well. I only pump on my non-working days if I have plans to go away and she is due to eat while I am gone. I do still pump 5 times on my working days (once before work, three times at work, and once when I get home).

Molly tried rice cereal for the first time at 5 months. She was NOT a fan. Nor was she the next day...nor the next...you get the picture. So after a few days of plain ole rice cereal I added in some applesauce. At first she seemed kinda interested but then she made it obvious that she was not. So next I tried plain applesauce. She made the funniest (its sour mom) face EVER. I'm thinking it was too sweet.  So a few days later I tried carrots. Again not a fan. She just spits it back out (pushes it with her tongue) the moment we attempt to put it in. After a week of this I started to dread feeding her so we took a week break. When we resumed it was with oatmeal cereal with a hint of applesauce and peaches. She still pushes most of it out but seems to like it better than the plain rice. We've also tried bananas...that came back out too. Agh...
Routine: On a good night Molly goes to bed between 8 and 8:30. But if were out and about its more like 9/9:30...a little later than we like but its summer afterall. She still wakes once a night most nights (around 5:30). Maybe twice a week she sleeps through the night!!! Love those nights but then "morning" comes around 6:30am. (This momma prefers 7am or after)!!! She's been wakes for the day typically around 8/8:30...and makes it 2-2.5 hours before her first nap. She'll nap 1-2 hours. Be up another 2-2.5 hours and then go down for her second nap of the day. Nap for another 1-2 hours. And then normally she can make it until bedtime with only a third 20-30 minute nap. More often than not she goes down like an angel.
Developmental Milestones: Girlfriend started scooting while on her back at 5 months. Started sitting just after 5 months and was basically a pro a week later at 5 and a half months!!! And Miss Molly became a rolling machine (back to belly). First roll (back to belly) was June 11. However, rolling over (belly to back) is WAY over-rated. She's rolled three times (belly to back). All 3 rolls occurred the same night (May 12) but ever since has shown no interest in rolling belly to back again.
Loves: Molly loves playing with mommy's hair!!! Molly loves sucking her toes!!! Molly loves jumping in her jump-a-roo!!! Molly loves standing with lots of help!!! Molly is starting to love her paci!!! And Molly loves sitting like a big girl...(she thinks she is BIG stuff)!!!
Dislikes: Molly dislikes being on her tummy (unless she's sleeping and doesn't know that she is on her belly). Doesn't even like tummy to tummy time with mommy. Try to rock her tummy to tummy over your shoulder...and she wants nothing to do with it. Molly is also not always a fan of her car seat....(and she most definitely lets us know when she wants OUT)!!!
Other Things I Don't Want To Forget:
  • You helped Daddy celebrate another Father's Day!!!
  • You are SUCH an easy laid back baby. Smiley as all get out!!! And everyone still comments on how great your hair is!!!
  • Molly started sleeping with her blankie just after she turned 5 months. One night it was the only thing that would comfort her. She just clung to it. So ever since we let her sleep with it (both for naps and night time). At first I was a little nervous but I figure its small enough that she cannot get wrapped in it and she is really good at rolling side to side (just not completely over). Happy girl = happy mommy (and daddy)!!!
  • You love sleeping on your side or belly.
  • Mommy painted your toe nails for the very first time this month!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment