(Proof she isn't always happy).Sizes: Molly is still wearing 9 months, 6-12 months, or 9-12 months. And she is still wearing size 3 (Kirkland brand) diapers.
Food: About a week ago I started weaning and since I was by no means overproducing...we are now down to breastfeeding just once in the morning and again right before bed. I really wanted to exclusively breastfeed until 9 months but my body just tinkered out (around 6 months. It did the same thing with Mase). I was working really hard to keep my supply up the last two months but I just don't think Molly was getting enough from me alone.
So the schedule I have Molly on now is this...she breastfeeds when she wakes or around 8ish, takes two 4-4.5oz bottles (around 12 and 4), and breastfeeds again before bed (around 8pm-ish). She eats a small amount of oatmeal for breakfast (to baby food consistency), 1/2 of a yogurt for lunch, and 1/3 of a 2nd's baby food for dinner. She still dislikes veggies with a passion but likes most fruits and veggie/fruit mixes. Is starting to take to puffs and yogurt melts. (Wasn't a fan of them at first when we started them a few weeks ago). As for big people food she has had honey nut cheerios, strawberries, eggs, and very teeny tiny pieces of bread...(oh and ice cream and popsicles)! When I gave her the egg she kept it on her tongue and would NOT swallow and would NOT take a drink to help it go down. She finally made herself throw up and the egg came out with it. Here's to hoping she gets the hang of (starts enjoying) big people food sooner rather than later.
But she NEVER turns down ice cream!!!Routine: Molly is not one for consistency. She likes to keep things real. (Or just likes to keep her momma guessing)!!! The only somewhat consistent thing about her schedule is bedtime. She goes down around 8:30pm every night. Although if we're outside it occasionally gets pushed back until 9pm. And if we've had a busy day...sometimes she'll go down as early as 8pm. A good nights sleep consists of only waking once with her. And that could be anywhere between 3-7am. Although lately we've had a few nights of NO waking!!! Normally she wakes for the day between 6:45 and 7:30am. She takes two naps (a morning and an afternoon). Lasting anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours.
BOY OH BOY HAVE WE HAD A VERY ROUGH SLEEPING MONTH. And I mean VERY rough. Right at 7 months Molly's first TWO teeth came in (bottom front). For two weeks she woke up every 3 hours throughout the night and would not go back to sleep until I fed her. She was getting motrin around the clock too. Sleep got better for a couple of nights and then she spiked a fever for 3 days. Again I was up at least every 3 hours (if not more frequently). I took her to the doctor...she checked out clean and according to the on-call doc didn't appear to be cutting any new teeth either. Soooo I let her cry it out that night (from 3-4am) because I was SOOO exhausted. And thankfully ever since she has been sleeping better. But FYI she WAS cutting another tooth.
Developmental Milestones: Molly pulled herself into a standing position for the first (and only time thus far) on July 27. She pulled herself into a sitting position (while in her crib) for the first time yesterday morning. She started arming crawling/slithering on her belly on August 11 and took a few REAL crawls on August 22. She can be a slithering machine (when she wants to be) but she most definitely prefers to be carried around. She can also rock on her hands and knees. She reaches for everything and wants everything in her mouth. And she occasionally will hand out kisses.
Loves: Molly loves to giggle!!! Molly loves watching her big brother!!! Molly most definitely loves her mama (and her dada but definitely her mama)!!! Molly loves to pull mommy's hair!!! Molly loves computers/iPhones!!! Molly loves Mickey (Mason's giggling doll Mickey that is)!!! And according to her daddy Molly loves to cry!!!
Dislikes: Still dislikes eating her vegetables and getting her face washed. She also very much dislikes being left alone.
- Girlfriend has a set of lungs...and she knows how to use them!!! She has a happy scream and a mad scream.
- Everything and I mean EVERYTHING goes straight into her mouth.
- Molly is a stage 4 clinger. Basically wants to be on my hip all day long. And if I get out of her line of vision...oh boy...she is one UNhappy girl. If I come home from being gone and don't immediately pick her up she will scream until I do.
- First tooth (bottom right) popped through on July 25 and her second tooth (bottom left) followed on July 28. Those were some sleepless nights. I would have to say she is a MUCH worse teether than what Mase was.
- Helped Mommy celebrate the big 3-1.
- BEST THING ABOUT THIS MONTH...Molly's eye stopped draining right at 7 months (pretty much to the day). It was crazy. One day it was draining and the next it wasn't!!!
- Molly made it through her first fever (three days worth).
- Molly is most definitely NOT a professional eater. Sometimes I joke that we're going to have to take her to "food therapy."
- Molly is always putting her hands down Mommy's shirt.